Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • What do you line your car boot/seats with?
  • mjsmke

So, new car and want to keep the inside clean and dry. Seen lots of cheap boot lines on amazon and ebay but think they are just water resistant and not waterproof.

What do you use?

submarined
    Free Member

Mud.

weeksy

its a 150,000 mondeo 🙂

tall_martin

Tarp from b+q has mostly kept the mud at bay since 2005.

Not water proof, but mostly water resistant

thomthumb
    Free Member

custom covers from ebay. under £35 & very happy with it.

Got my bike in Mrs Thumb’s car today, a mix of old sheets and camo tarps – does the job but it’s not as easy.

alanw2007

£10 Plastic tarp.

submarined
    Free Member

Yeah, more helpfully, tarp. Cheap thick one, lay it out, put bike in, then put everything on top and fold it over. works much better and much more flexible than the ‘liners’ that some mates of mine seem to struggle with. Have also previously used DPM for full hardcore, but lack of flexibility was a bit of a PITA.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

titan covers seems to be pretty good, not so cheap though.

About to order one for me new car.

You can get extensions to flap over the boot lid, and another extension to extend to attach to the front seat headrests for when you have the rear seats down.

Not seen more ocmprehensive so far.

https://www.titancovers.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjw96fkBRA2EiwAKZjFTd0uksvPByXA7ctbKIlwUf1BS0maOcdby36dGDmTO4h2BmvJPNOj6hoCUzcQAvD_BwE

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got a full liner from UK boot liners in the back of my new 5 Series estate, it even comes with a nice little flap that folds out over the bumper so you don’t scratch that, well worth the £45 it cost me

trumpton
    Free Member

I use a couple of large towels as it protects the bike and forks from damage.

Tracey

Boot is lined with a plastic liner from ebay and another cut to fit plastic liner out of our old C4 Grand Picasso

Bought some heavy duty waterproof seat covers from Aldi which we just throw over the seats when needed

roverpig

The whole reason for paying the extra for leather seats was so that I could wipe them down. Mind you, I care far less about my car than I do about the bike anyway.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Boot liner from the manufacturer £200

2 very large black bed sheets £14

1 towel out of the airing cupboard £0

Northwind

Not a cheap blue tarp, they’re noisy and they never stay where they’re put, it’s annoying. I got a heavy one, like a proper oldschool groundsheet, and cut it to fit, really good, and cheap. I ended up adding some rivnuts in discrete places and added some wingbolts to keep it fixed in place.

For the new car, I caved and got a Rhino liner and tbh I’m a cheapskate but I think it’s worth every penny. Then I added an ikea rug, because getting changed in the back of a car is way nicer with a rug.

honourablegeorge

Evoc bike cover, burrently on sale in various spots, delighted with it. Fromt wheel off, bike in bag, zip it up, job done

cokie

A variation of one of these that sits in the back of the car. Seats flat and slide this in at an angle. Little side walls lined with rubber to keep mud and water on the rack.
    Doesn’t touch the interior. Sadly doesn’t fit the Fietsa.

P-Jay
    Free Member

its a 150,000 mondeo 🙂

Wow, that IS an expensive Mondeo!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mine came with a moulded plastic liner, it’s brilliant. I give it a hose once a year, but most of the time if I need to take anything clean, I just take it out.

trumpton
    Free Member

as well as using two towels I use a bedsheet to cover the bike up from prying eyes.

toofarwest

Full (up to front seats) liner from Rhino UK. Not the cheapest option but can’t fault the fit or quality.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

I close the boot, doors and windows when it rains.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I use a https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/

Fit specific for most major car models. Not the cheapest, but good quality, and I particularly like the fitting to rear seats folding down or up, and got an extension flap that folds out and prevents scratching up the rear when shoving a bike in.

Waterproof and durable. Does scuff up over many years constant use with bike, but just cosmetic and I could probably clean it up. Far better than the state my car would be in, though already has scratches from before using it, plus mud prints from tyres hitting front seats and the roof! (you can get further protection for the front seats I believe).

markoc1984

+ 1 for Rhino boot liner and seat covers.

It fits perfectly and has kept a water reservoir that leaked it’s entire contents from spilling over the car.

I used to take it out and fold it up after every use, but as I so rarely have anyone sat in the back seats it stays in most of the time now.

joemmo
    Free Member

heavy duty plastic bag that a mattress came in and some old sheets / towels. Its mainly to stop my bike getting dirty from the inside of the car.

russyh
    Free Member

Depends on the car really but I bought I used BMW boot liner which fits x5,x3 3&5 series touring. In fact I have used it in loads of estate cars now and it’s amazing. Takes 5 minutes to fit, it waterproof and heavy duty. Cost me £30!

tthew

Cookie, is that home made or purchased? I could use one of those in the back of my van.

Kryton57

IKEA do soft felt throws in the Market place for about £3 each.  3 of those .

joebristol

I’ve had the cheaper £30 type boot liners – had one in my Citroen DS5 and it did the job fine. Felt more plastic than rubber and you could tell it wasn’t expensive.

In my Jaguar XE I bought the proper official Jag one (although second hand on eBay for £50 as new it was ludicrously expensive) and it’s so much nicer. But at the end of the day it does the same thing.

Collects all the muddy crap off my bike gear and then periodically I take it out and shake it all off / hoover it and give it a quick wipe down.

Wouldn’t help if you put your entire bike in though.

ta11pau1

Rhino boot liner. The fitting (velcro) mechanism could be better but they’re great otherwise.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Use thick plastic sheeting, seal into a large bag with tin foil and a iorn. Expell as much air as possible before final sealing. This will keep body fluids from spilling. Roll the body in a long carpet, two layers the first taped up to stop unrolling, make sure you keep two short off cuts to roll up and stuff in either end so if are stoped the feet and head can’t be seen by looking down the end. Don’t bother removing finger print or teeth, it’s a waste of time.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Sorry missunderstood. For a bike I just use a tarp or rag and shake it out.

matt_outandabout

Rigid Volvo bootliner that goes full depth of boot.
    Builders tarp as extra.
    Leather seats 😎 but with County seat cover if needed.

garage-dweller

Tarps. Two smaller ones and a couple of those foam kids floor tiles. Put them between wheels and frame to stop jangling and scratching. I tend to stick bike in both wheels out so all but one small corner of the bike is fully in the boot.

anagallis_arvensis

Mud and grease

malgrey
    Free Member

One of these, or similar; https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/car-mats-boot-liners/halfords-universal-boot-mat

Its on its 3rd car now, I think, about 8 years old at a guess. Extremely tough, and gets some serious abuse, and my car is generally known as the Skoda Skip, full of wet camping gear, canoeing kit and a mountain bike on a semi-permanent basis…

RustySpanner

A couple of old rugs.

lister

Jewsons ton bag. You can buy them new for a fiver.
    Back end of the bike goes in that, wheels in cheap wheel bags.

johnjn2000

I used to stick a tarp in or an old shower curtain. Not sure I would bother with anything now, just wipe it out afterwards

rickon
    Free Member

+1 for Hatchbag liners. Absolutely amazing. I tried another make, and was no where near as good.

They also come in #enduro colours too. Lots of discount codes online for 10 – 15% off.

mechanicaldope

Old curtains and dirt

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘What do you line your car boot/seats with?’ is closed to new replies.