• This topic has 60 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • What do you eat before that early morning commute, and when?
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

Crunchy Nut Cornflakes before I leave, Bowl of Wheetos at my desk.

Don’t ask about Wheetos, we have communal cereal at work and the two web devs I work with are children when it comes to brekkie and tbh,I kinda like them.

hora
    Free Member

4.5mile commute/15mins so just water before but eat straight after. Always eat straight after.

2tyred

Nothing before, 10 mile ride in, shower when the shower’s free, then a cup of coffee and a cream cheese bagel.

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Cup of tea, bowl of Shreddies (hand knitted by Grannies) and a fruit smoothie (banana and strawberry), it’s only about 10-11 miles but I can’t ride without breakfast. then when I get to work I have a a bagel with honey and another banana and cup of tea.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Glass of water at home, fruit / cereal when I get to work.

Can you really not ride 10-miles without eating first? That’s weird.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Bowl of muesli with a banana, couple of slices of toast, then make my sandwiches for lunch, get dressed, clean teeth, wash up etc. which gives me enough time to digest before riding the 16 miles into work. I won’t go anywhere until I’ve had my bowl of muesli.

I guess I could ride the 16 miles in without breakfast, but it is nicer to have breakfast at home than at my desk. If I didn’t eat it, I’m sure I’d find it harder up the hills (I’m in Derbyshire, and my commute goes at 90 degrees to the direction of the valleys so it is a bit hilly).

Sometimes I have a snack once I get in if I feel hungry.

Joe

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Depends how quickly I can get going. This morning I was slowed down by a gorgeous sunrise which meant getting the camera out and taking a few pics before I got going.

Even though it’s only about 4 miles I need a bowl of cereal and some toast and tea cos I’m diabetic. Like to leave a good 45 mins for that to settle as it’s all uphill on the way and I’ve “screamed Europe” a few times and seen my brekky for a second time.

trio25
    Free Member

Another one who can’t function without eating in the morning. So big bowl of cereal and I’m off.

TenMen
    Free Member

3 weetabix and a cup of tea. Anything that puts off having to go to work.

Paceman
    Free Member

3 Weetabix and a glass of fruit juice.

Large coffee when I get to work an hour later. 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

I can go without breakfast in the morning and not be too grumpy but no cup of tea means I am in a foul mood.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I can’t get going without my breakfast. a bowl of cereal does me, sultana bran or muesli.

That’s it, although I do take some sort of energy drink with me in a water bottle.

“riding caffeine free since August 2008”

theboatman
    Free Member

12 mile ride in on an empty tum, followed by beans on 3 toast from the works canteen and some strong coffee; all of which is usually very quickly followed by a large and very satisfying bowel movement.

crazy-legs

I can’t function in the mornings without a bowl of 3 Weetabix and muesli. On a work day my first coffee isn’t til 10am, on a weekend I have coffee with breakfast.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I regularly ride before brekky for a couple of hours. Home, shower, dressed and then brekky.
    Then I go to work in the car 😉

porterclough
    Free Member

Breakfast is wrong, don’t bother even if I’m cycling or running into work. Then again it’s only 1.5 miles…

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Just a glass of OJ & a Banana for me, otherwise I’m likely to throw up half way to work. Once I’m there, a big, BIG mug of tea and a bowl of Muesli.

Kahurangi

Bowl of cereal before I go. Shreddies or bran flakes w/fruit.

10-20 mins to settle. Watch brekkie news or pack bag.

6-12 miles.

Second breakfast at 10 for a baguette.

Strangelove
    Free Member

Espresso & multivits
    Porridge at my desk about an hour after i get to work

woffle
    Free Member

Can you really not ride 10-miles without eating first? That’s weird.

I do 6 to 20 miles starting at 4:15-4:30am and the last thing I fancy doing at that hour is eating. Sometimes I have a protein shake and a banana when I get to the station then it’s porridge, sultanas and honey at around 9 which keeps me going until lunchtime…

hora
    Free Member

Rode home yesterday and ALL night I felt empty/shaky and hungry even though I had eaten at 7. sometimes it does pay to eat before you ride!

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘What do you eat before that early morning commute, and when?’ is closed to new replies.