Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • What do you do to relax?
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

After listening to intently to the younger guys at work who have taken an interest in Warhammer 40k, and my own memories of wandering around Games Workshop circa 88, I’ve taken to painting Warhammer miniatures.

I also blame the magazine that came out giving you space marines and paints for a fiver, you know the type, buy the first cheap then remortgage the house for the rest.

The wife thinks I’ve gone a bit peculiar………I said at least i’m not out scoping for strange

weeksy

spannering motorbikes and bicycles. Assuming ‘cycling’ isn’t the desired answer here 🙂

So, spannering for me…. Fettling…. whatever you want to call it 🙂

P.S…. i think i may have 20-30 of the 40ks sitting in a plastic box if you want them ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Watch BinnersCam

footflaps

Cleaning. Only way I can relax at home is to hoover the house and tidy everything up then I can lie on the sofa and be completely calm…

Sad, but true. On the plus side, we do always have a tidy house……

hols2
    Free Member

Ride bikes up and down hills.

binners

I sit naked, reading poetry, casually smoking a Gitane and drinking absinthe.

People pay to watch me over the internet, so its a win/win

DezB
    Free Member

If not bike related, listen to music, or watch telly 🙂 Weird huh?

footflaps

>I sit naked, reading poetry, casually smoking a Gitane and drinking absinthe.

>People pay to watch me over the internet, so its a win/win

You forgot to mention the goat. Only reason I subscribed.

perchypanther
    Free Member

People pay to watch me over the internet, so its a win/win

I tried to watch but couldn’t.

Requires Flash apparently 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sleep, I find it very relaxing.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider

Make little plastic aeroplanes. Ride bikes.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ride bikes.

Attack guitars.

hugo
    Free Member

Lift weights.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Attack guitars.

Axe murderer?

ton

cycle to places I can drink fine beer.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Day to day its bikes ,cooking, gym, reading, kicking sand in the face of Games Workshop nerds

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Apart from riding the bike,I find gardening is good at making me relax.

Spannering on my cycles & motorbikes can sometimes get a little stressful,but usually leaves me with a feelgood factor.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Lock myself in the bathroom and hide from my kids.

P-Jay
    Free Member

“Relaxing” is not really a concept I really understand. The wife ran a personality test on me at the weekend (a ‘proper’ one, not some clickbait shite on FB) Apparently when I’ve been telling her I find relaxing very stressful I wasn’t talking out of my arse.

So, piss and moan as I grind my bike up hill and then ride down them as aggressively as I dare (I’m not very daring). Shout at the Xbox, listen to loud / music, that sort of stuff calms my mind and clears my thoughts. It’s not what most people find relaxing.

I have to be pretty much worn out before I’ll happily sit still. The idea of sitting on some beach whilst someone brings me drinks or whatever sounds completely horrific. When I do I tend to sit slack-jawed looking at the TV, when I do I like to watch other people work – I now know why I like things like Fast n’ Loud, Guy Martin stuff and Car SOS, I have a sort of passing interest in cars these days, but it’s the whole working stuff out I like – it’s like doing stuff by proxy ha ha.

It’s been really useful for us actually, we’ve never been under any illusions that we’re alike – we’re not and that’s fine, but it makes understanding why I could never happily take a 2 week holiday at some beach resort or why my wife would live some time to just lay still for a moment.

kayak23

Coke and hookers. That, and twiddling my motorbike and bicycle riding.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Can’t relax. To the point it drives my missus mad. Totally restless.

The closest I’d say I get is messing with the R/C buggies and lately taking the camera out on walks. Both are just extensions to other activities mind.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Riding bikes (BMX, MTB, poodling), climbing,  making stuff out of wood and metal.

vickypea
    Free Member

Art- I love drawing

orangeboy
    Free Member

On the rare occasion I’m stressed a nice ride on the road bike on my own with no goals or targets.

Just a ride to explore to take roads I’ve never been down.

Working on cars is often the cause of stress rather than relief from it , can’t afford to pay others to do so don’t have much choice

roper
    Free Member

Spiders, bugs and most weird and wonderful animals can help me relax. Watching them, looking for them or reading about them. Recently I’ve started getting into birds too. Who knew looking up rather than down can be interesting too. I have a young snake which too which is relaxing in an edgy kind of way as she is a bit skittish. We tend to just study each other

ahsat

Interesting thread as I am at month 7 of enforced time off the bike, exercise etc. It’s been a real challenge be ‘relax’ and not be bored. Filled a lot of time with decorating, cleaning the house etc. Otherwise it’s gardening – particularly growing veg, and cooking and listening to the radio (some tv). Also rediscovered drawing and reading lately. However I won’t really relax till I’m allowed back on the bike. Do oddly find my physio/Pilates time reasonably relaxing.

funkmasterp

Ride my bike, read, listen to music or watch a good series. Having small children hampers all of these so, to be honest, pretending I need the toilet. That way I get ten minutes (kind of) to myself,with my eldest trying to look through / get through the bathroom door.

Take a guess where I am right now?

Coyote
    Free Member

Running, weigh training, cookin, gardening and reading. Looking to get back into Bonsai this year too. Help out at my son’s rugby team and watch them at the weekend, I like a few beers and the occasional bourbon too. Used to build and ride bikes but not so much these days.

Caher

Go to Ireland and walk my parent’s dog along the Atlantic shore – there are rumoured to be some pubs to go to in the evening.

singletrackmind

get  steaming drunk mostly , or  take a few  drugs .

john_drummer
    Free Member

Hit things with sticks

make little plastic aeroplanes. And tanks. And motorcycles. And cars. You get the idea

try to fly little plastic helicopters

i used to make beer too

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Walk …. sorry typo error ….. master bake … argh ……I am all fingers and thumbs!!!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

Im at my most calm and relaxed when mountain walking in the alps. Unfortunately that is not as often as Id like. Alternatively it’s having thrown the bolt across the shithouse door and secured 15 minutes peace and calm to practice chess tactics on the phone.

CountZero

Reading, listening to music, walking…

I’m a lazy git basically.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Read drivel written by tossers on the internet.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Either ride my bike, listen to music or sit and watch my tropical fish. I sometimes wonder if fish relax by watching us going about out daily business!!

Read drivel written by tossers on the internet

You must find this place very relaxing then🤣

jca

ketamine

701arvn
    Free Member

I read on tinternet that men who ejaculate more than 21 times a month are at a significantly lower risk of prostate cancer……

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Axe murderer?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What do you do to relax?’ is closed to new replies.