Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What do you buy to avoid postage costs?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

If you are a few quid short of free postage is there something you always buy to avoid paying for postage?

I used to stick inner tubes in but since going tubeless several years ago I don’t go through tubes at the same rate of knots. GT85 maybe? Or is there something that is your go-to for a few quid?

reluctantjumper

QuickLinks, gear cables, chain lube, basically anything relatively cheap that is always handy to have sitting on a shelf! GT85 is a good one but then I get through a lot of it with my RC cars, great for getting water out of bits after a wet run.

Yak

Lube or socks if they are in the sale for a few quid.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheap consumables.

Grips, gear cables, bar tape, cleats, grease, tubeless valve cores

si77

Energy bars, hydration tablets. Sometimes brake pads, but this has led to a surplus (5 pairs) so will have to refrain for now.

a11y

In addition to above, gloves – although like about I’ve got a bit of a stash built up now so need something else…

joshvegas
    Free Member

BMX

desperatebicycle

The small 60ml bottles of sealant. The bottles are useful for squirting top-ups into the valve hole too.

escrs
    Free Member

Search all items with the price set to low to high, buy the lowset priced item that brings your total up to the free postage threshold and is an item that you will eventually use

defblade
    Free Member

SIS water bottles.

bikesandboots

Fenwicks Chain Cleaning Sponge
    Schrader to Presta adapter
    Energy bar
    Hydration tablets
    Gift voucher
    Bolts of some sort

honourablegeorge

Wiggle had Osprey dry bags for 6 or 7 quid for a while, ended up with loads of those, dead handy

kayak23

Gear cables. I’ve got enough to rewire the Golden Gate bridge.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

You can never have enough disc brake cleaner.
    I recently added some dt spokes to my CRC order just to hit the £10 off target, can’t complain at £1 for 18.

ads678

Usually socks for me.

clubby

Last time was socks, but has also been peanut butter!

stumpy01

Socks or electrolyte tabs.

kiwijohn

Giro DND gloves.

thenorthwind

Not bike stuff, but buying stuff off Amazon, I needed something that was a quid or so to get free postage. Best I came up with was those little tongs for taking the tea bag out of your mug. Completely useless because I take sugar and need a teaspoon anyway, but I insist on using them.

DrJ

Great question!! Normally cleaning stuff – Muc Off etc, but socks are a good idea!!

5lab

I started an order on bikester with a £7 waterbottle and managed to fill the basket with £94 of other stuff to avoid paying postage. Oops

DrJ

(Tbh I’ve been using the free Wiggle delivery and it’s been really quick recently!!)

oldfart

5lab legend ! 👍👍👍👍

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

kayak23
    Gear cables. I’ve got enough to rewire the Golden Gate bridge

Same here, ordered 1 cable
    One box of cables arrived

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.