Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • What do these drivers think will happen in this situation…
  • nathb
    Free Member

I’m confused why this happens, the guy in the Audi was sat here for 10 mins. He reversed 5ft then sat again when someone shouted they’d called the police.

Drac

Hedge needs cut.

nealglover
    Free Member

What do these drivers think will happen in this situation

What did happen ?

chip
    Free Member

Tv ariels are of impressive proportion.

amedias
    Free Member

you make the mistake of assuming he thought at all…

project
    Free Member

Footway needs resurfacing,

bodgy
    Free Member

Nice black Beamer.

cranberry
    Free Member

Telephone pole has a bit of a lean.

nickewen
    Free Member

Looks like a 3dr S5.. that’s the Audi nobber sweet spot.

aP
    Free Member

On Sunday we met a friend and went for lunch at a pub in the Chilterns. The car park in the very pretty little village was up a road wide enough for 2 cars which had a row of parked cars down one side. A woman driving a large Merc coupe was coming down the road, so I waited just by a large space so that she could continue on and get past. She sat and gesticulated, waved, shouted, did more of that then eventually managed to drive up to the front of my car, then slowly edged it into the 15m long space next to me, still shouting, swearing, and gesticulating. What’s that about? I thought I was being polite and letting her through – maybe she wanted to have a head to head massive argument and I’d spoiled her day?

aP
    Free Member

Has he forgotten to turn off the magnets that allow Audi drivers to sit 30cm behind other cars on the motorway?

newrobdob
    Free Member

So the situation is that the van was already coming through the gap and the Audi somehow thought he could muscle through and now won’t back down?

If I was in the van I’d turn the engine off, get out, apologise to the people behind and explain what was going on then just sit around till he/her moved. No confrontation with the Audi driver, just let their slow brain eventually realise what they will have to do.

Cougar

I used to carry a book in the glove box for this sort of Mr Entitled eventuality. (I gave up after one bloke jumped out of his van, pulled open my door and punched me in the face, so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it.)

zanelad
    Free Member

Try leaving Watford FC via Cardiff Road after a match. Hundreds of cars leaving and there’s always someone who insists on going against the flow. Parked cars both sides of the road and room for just one down the middle.

It happens often enough that you’d think they’d learn.

jam-bo

Got any pistols?

CountZero

Has he forgotten to turn off the magnets that allow Audi drivers to sit 30cm behind other cars on the motorway?

In my fairly extensive experience, that not only isn’t exclusive to Audi drivers, they’re not even the worst offenders.
    Beemer drivers always seem to have an overblown sense of entitlement when it comes to possession of the nation’s highways.
    Them and arse’oles driving white vans at speeds in excess of 90 mph.
    In the pic above, maybe the Audi driver thought the Disabled place behind meant he/she wasn’t entitled to pull into it.
    Personally, I’d avoid confronting something of that size, unless I was driving something a lot biggerer.

jam-bo

A long time ago I had someone refuse to reverse when I was driving a large flatbed with an equally large trailer.
    I broke the deadlock by getting out and offering them the keys to the truck.

perchypanther
    Free Member

That street has some HUGE spiders living in it…

jambalaya
    Free Member

He reasonably expected the van to pull into the enormous space on his side of the road ? He had not seen the line of cars behind the van (obscured) or they weren’t there originally ?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

White Van on the Audi drivers road. How very dare he. The cad, the very thought of it.

tomhoward

Ross noble has a great story where he was driving along a country road, meets someone coming the other way, he tells them to back up, they refuse. Then the tank that he was driving ahead of (he was having it delivered) turns up…

‘You sure?’

mattyfez

See it more and more.. Maybe a psychological evaluation is needed every 2 years otherwise your licence expires.

Bring on the automated car revolution.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Some bint in a Honda 4wd did much the same to me yesterday. I was up against the kerb with kids next to me. I stopped to let her go though a gap to go though sideways but it wasntvbig enough. I guess she needed more than a yard between her and the flat grassy unoccupied verge. The queue behind me were very patient for about 30 seconds and a pedestrian eventually convinced her to pull over after a motor bike had passed in in that gap.
    Women 🙄

bodgy
    Free Member

@jam bo

Got any pistols?

Legend.

mark90
    Free Member

Why is it always Audi drivers?

I was most of the way through a narrow section of road where I had to give way to oncoming traffic.Nothing was coming when I entered, but before I’d got through the narrow section I was met with an Audi that came round the corner and sped head on towards me to make his point.

When it was obvious that he wasn’t going to back up, and I certainly wasn’t going to back all the way through the restricted section I was 90% of the way through. So I got into the back of the camper van got the kettle out and offered him a cup of tea. He backed up shortly after. I think from the hand gesture he wanted Nescafe 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

He reasonably expected the van to pull into the enormous space on his side of the road ? He had not seen the line of cars behind the van (obscured) or they weren’t there originally ?

Total Balls.

Audi driver should have pulled into the (massive) space behind the other Audi, and let the driver of the larger vehicle pass.

HC Rule 221

thestabiliser
    Free Member

He couldn’t have reversed into the space as it’s reserved for the queen in her State ceremonial dress

nealglover
    Free Member

😆

neilc1881
    Free Member

I was on my trailer test and a van pulled out in front of me on to a narrow residential road lined with cars on both sides, no passing spaces. The tester called him something and we sat and waited… and waited…

Regularly get caught on the back roads to the farm, usually when towing a caravan for storage. Most of the time it would be quicker for me to back up, but it is amusing watching people try to reverse straight down a B road.

2 tractors with bowsers head to head with a logging lorry and pick-up with stock box was an impressive bit of manoeuvring. Don’t know what would have happened if there had been an Audi in the mix.

whitestone
    Free Member

Neither of the drivers in the OP’s photo can reverse 🙄

wilburt
    Free Member

Did they think it would turn into an online debate between middle aged would be cyclists?

angeldust
    Free Member

Jealousy, mostly.

nathb
    Free Member

I was just walking through to get to the park 😆

Having looked at the picture again the woman on the left is the driver of the van – which would explain why she was on the phone to the police (I overhead her conversation to them). The huge guy driving the audi was very agressive shouting abuse to her from the car, but by this point residents were wandering out onto the streets hence not stopping to ensure her safetly (not that I could have done anything 😆 )

Could hear the beeping of the cars stuck on either side all the way from the park 🙄

seosamh77
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    That street has some HUGE spiders living in it…

😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

whitestone – Member

Neither of the drivers in the OP’s photo can reverse

Well the van driver can’t as there’s a queue of cars behind, looks clear for the audi driver to reverse, unless the cars behind are invisible.

But it’s an A5 so there’s not a lot more to say really.

oafishb
    Free Member

I always felt that the A6 was the nobber sweetspot, but I’m happy to be corrected.

scud
    Free Member

Jealousy, mostly.

Someone at work with an A3 said similar to me, he bought it on finance and lives with his mum.

Over 9000 miles of cycle commuting last year, i got quite a feel for who acts a complete knobber around you, and yes it is BMW/Audi/taxi man…

BUT what i found was that they weren’t the ones that would hit me, they were the arrogant ones that would look straight at you, know you were cycling towards you and still overtake/pull out of junction etc, BUT they had seen me, it was the disrupted mum on school run, the elderly person etc, the ones that hadn’t even seen me that knocked me off.

But it’s not jealousy, as for some reason Mercedes/ Jaguar/ Volvo/ Alfa on anyone else that makes a half decent saloon don’t seem to inspire the same knobber levels of driving.

Sundayjumper

Because, bizarrely, they managed to pitch themselves right into that market when they did the advert where a shouty winker test drives an Audi and then throws the keys back saying it’s not his style (or words to that effect). Taxi !

Before that Audis were for beige middle aged folk looking for something German & reliable, but scared that a diesel Golf might over-stress their pacemaker.

marcus7
    Free Member

This reminds me of an incident a few years back outside our office, there were roadworks which closed the road down to one lane with traffic lights at each end maybe 300 m apart. As usual there were the amber gamblers and a few red light jumpers but nothing that unusual… Until one day a guy in a jag thought he would jump the lights from the left when the right hand direction had already gone green and cars were in the lane. He was about 50 m in when he came head to head with a black bmw. We saw all of this due to him blowing his horn, flashing his lights etc and making MANY gestures the guys in the BM. We nearly died with laughter when they responded with flashing blue lights and directed him to our car park and watched as he tried to talk his way out of it!…..

neilthewheel

“Pride”
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdquRqI5Bm8[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘What do these drivers think will happen in this situation…’ is closed to new replies.