Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • What disappointed you most today?
  • creedy
    Free Member

Mine was a note from the courier to say a delivery was left next door. It was not what I was expecting! It was my daughter Xmas presents! Not the new hope hoops I’m waiting for 🙂

Bregante

Mine was discovering that people are already doing shopping for xmas presents.

Conversely, my Hope Hoops did turn up. Only ordered them last night too.

True story

yunki
    Free Member

My own helpless procrastination..

dantsw13

Cutting the end off my finger with a potato peeler!!

crosshair
    Free Member

That the pics from the Brecon Beast still arent up on the website 🙁
    I stuck my thumb up especially 🙁

loddrik
    Free Member

Was going to go for a ride, I’m ashamed to say the weather beat me so i disappointed myself in being a wimp.

creedy
    Free Member

I must add it was the wife that had ordered the Xmas pressies without my knowledge. As the norm. Hence the disappointment.
    Really already?! Where they off the shelf?

Bregante

Yep.

Ordered at 4.20 p.m yesterday and arrived at 11.40 today.
    Merlin rock.
    Although, they are 29ers so they were always going to get here quicker. 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

My body.

A proper days hard graft outside has left me aching all over.

sm
    Free Member

The fitter took my fire and fireplace out and then discovered the new stove is too tall for the aperture. Will be an interesting conversation with the guy who surveyed it when he’s back from holiday!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Police processes (bureaucracy possibly).

I spend half an hour detailing a crime on the phone, waiting while it was all typed in. Then two uniforms come round and ask the exact same questions again and spend an hour writing it all up in handwriting (although on a tablet).

At least they were all genuine and nice guys & gals.

creedy
    Free Member

Ah mine are obsolete 26″ so their probably rummaging round the defect bin. Plus I wanted the blue hubs!

geologist
    Free Member

First time driving all the way through the centre of our great capital city today. I had to do a job in canary wharf.
    Didnt go through one nice area, what a s**t hole! Thankgod I live in the countryside.

Not a troll, just surprised at how messy and dirty, some of these ‘expensive exclusive’ suburbs I see in these house buying programs are.

ojom
    Free Member

Saw a promo stand of mince pies in the coop. Utterly depressed me for the rest of the day.
    Then i spent the day doing CSV uploads which by comparison elated me to a zenith i had previously thought unachievable.

Start low in the day and everything is an improvement.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

The llama farms were thoroughly disappointing.

rickmeister

Stripping, cleaning and new seals on the Fox Forks… which I then assembled in a Halfords style with the wrong stanchions in the wrong hole in the fork lowers….

Oh well more practice and at least they didn’t get fitted to be discovered at the time of the next ride…

dirtyboy

Waking up.

smell_it
    Free Member

Both the egg yolks in my fried egg cob this morning were not runny, and the cob was not smothered in cheap marg. This was offset by the fried egg on my lunch time bubble and squeak which had a perfect dippy yolk.

squin
    Free Member

That nobody on here seems to live in southport for the occasional ride.

(See lower post)

seadog101

In true STW style – Servisair lounge at LHR terminal 3. Just a bit crap compared to most I been lucky enough to get into.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Cutting the end off my finger with a potato peeler!!

Pics or it didnt happen.

mjsmke

The inevitable realisation that it’s the start of term and i have to start teaching again.

creedy
    Free Member

Smell it is winning so far! Non runny eggs are possibly the most disappointing thing in the world.

London is a poo hole mostly and I do up the the big nice houses you see on the telly. But I’m a country boy too!!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I was disappointed when I got a text from DPD saying ‘sorry we couldn’t deliver your parcel as nobody was in to sign, we’ve left a card.’…

Well firstly no you didn’t leave a card you lazy gobshite and secondly about 400 people were in my office including the post room… Quick phone call to DPD and the driver sheepishly arrived 45 mins later with my parcel…

8)

blurty

Been away for a couple of days, and missed the Satmap GPS flash sale. (They were flogging them for £160, instead of £250) Missed my chance

GJP
    Free Member

Getting my car back from the body shop for a third time following a minor accident and it still was not right, how difficult can it be to fit a headlight after a bumper and wing replacement repair?

I was told that the manager had inspected it personally! It was also delivered two hours late so I missed some meetings at work and to add to my frustration they returned the car with about a litre of fuel left, 8 miles left on the counter.

I feel a stroppy letter to Aviva in the making.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Myself for not being as strong as I thought I was, will WTFU tomorrow

mangatank
    Free Member

My manager’s desperate floundering as he tried to describe my role to a new colleague.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This thread.

handyandy
    Free Member

viewing any thread on STW.

jekkyl

Watching Matrix Revolutions on lovefilm instant after a 22 mile night ride, Stella on the go, film is shite!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The cups for the tea in the Koru Lounge in Auckland are a bit small..

Though the upside is I’m in here for quite a while and it’s a nice place to work, and for a little later the bar selection looks quite good.

bol

That I’m still in so much pain a week after falling off my bike.

parkesie
    Free Member

The girls you could watch all day thread.

bikebouy
    Free Member

That I’ve a very sore heal after a long hard trail run and can hardly walk, I feel this injury will linger longer than a couple of days….

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

It’s a toss up

a) That I drove to school this morning (the weather’s perfect for a ride home)

b) I’ve been working on a Mac Book Air (admittedly the super-expensive one) all morning and actually like it. I’ve been a Mac-Hater for years!

kiwijohn

The snow that was falling as I drove to work, stopped shortly after I got there. I had to unload a truck, so I couldn’t take any photos of the winter wonderland.

Bregante

Today’s is likely to be the fact that I’ve just discovered that the “oh so quickly delivered wheels” I referred to on the previous page – ARE THE WRONG BLOODY WHEELS!!!

scandalous
    Free Member

My obviously inherent inability to convey my feelings properly and my seemingly limitless ability to upset those I really don’t want to

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘What disappointed you most today?’ is closed to new replies.