Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What digital pressure gauge?
  • ratherbeintobago

After a standalone digital pressure gauge.

I though Lezyne did one but I appear to be wrong.

Recommends?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Topeak Smartguage D2

windyg
    Free Member

+1 for the above

orangespyderman

And another for the above.

mmannerr

Schwalbe and SKS have them too. SKS has bleed button like Topeak.

davosaurusrex

Topeak again, works splendid

whitestone
    Free Member

+1 for the Topeak for standard MTB tyres. I’ve an SKS one for fat bike tyres as it handles lower pressures and displays pressures in 0.5psi increments, no idea how accurate that is though.

NormalMan

Another vote for Topeak.

Tracey

SKS Airchecker, £13.49 from Chain Reaction. Had to buy another after our daughter claimed ours.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

My Topeak has never very reliable. Bought an SKS and not impressed with that either.

Topeak build quality is better, and easier to read (SKS display is crap) and it will do a ‘live’ read while you bleed.

pnik

I don’t recommend the Halfords one i bought, seemed to be ok initially now seems to read about half what i think it is, was veeery cheap tho.

Just in case anyone was tempted like i was, buy cheap, buy twice. Never learn

trailwagger
    Free Member

I have an SKS one somewhere, gave up on it after a few months.

benp1

Recently for the Topeak D2, my other ones are very average. Haven’t used the D2 yet though!

mildbore

Got the topeak one and it works well. Several mates think it’s inaccurate based on their supernatural ability to squeeze a tyre and work out the pressure but whenever I’ve checked it using another gauge I know to be accurate it’s spot on

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Oxford digi guage, reads in 0.1psi increments (dunno how accurate that is but appears repeatable), presta/schrader head, bleed valve, and toggles between live and last reading (good if your somewhere inaccessible).

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Happy with my Topeak D2 here.

milky1980
    Free Member

Another Topeak D2 here and it’s rather old too. I’m actually probably going to have to replace it as I’ve worn the rubber insert enough that it doesn’t always seal every time. I’m a serial pressure checker before every ride so it’s had a hard life. I’ll be getting another one.

honourablegeorge

Definitely not the Pro one, the battery can’t be replaced.

Serves me right for saving a few quid over the Topeak one. Curse you, Shimano.

ratherbeintobago

Topeak D2 it is, then.

kcal

I tried out the SKS one, it did feel – flimsy – on the button and stuff. Sent it back, now have a Topeak one, works well.

scotroutes

I don’t recommend the Halfords one i bought, seemed to be ok initially now seems to read about half what i think it is, was veeery cheap tho.

I was going to recommend a Halfords one. Mine is at least 6 years old and gets for bikes and car/van. Pressure indicated still seens to be correct (when comparing with other pumps and gauges). 0.5psi increments seem fine enough for me.

imp999
    Free Member

Oxford here.
    Repeatable & has lasted well. Both battery & function.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What digital pressure gauge?’ is closed to new replies.