Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • What did you do today?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Camping from whenever on Friday. Field was mowed yesterday. I am there from Thhursday and most the stuff turnign up Thursday and Friday.

samuri
    Free Member

Got up about 6:00, tidied up Kitchen and living room,
    went out for 40+ mile powerblast in the wind.
    Shower
    fixed up some tie backs and some brackets for the wife
    Ate bacon buttie
    XBOX for a bit, then took some pictures, messed around on computer for a bit.
    Nice nap
    Drove to Birkenhead, stayed in Niece's house for 6 hours! while a group of menopausal women cooed and giggled around an ugly newborn baby.
    Drove back from Birkenhead.
    Logged on here.

crispybacon
    Free Member

went & picked up the wife's new car today – zoom zoom zoom 😀 & I got to drive it 😆 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    samuri
    Free Member

Mazda 1? 😉

crispybacon
    Free Member

"Mazda 1" – LOL

'err NO!! it's a MX-5 2ltr sport & man does it f'ing shift 😛

99percentchimp
    Free Member

lie in
    brekky
    took boys to sofplay 'cos of rain
    bought a climbing harness to fit 3.5 year old
    lunch
    watched some telly
    took 3.5 year old for a 3.5 mile ride with ice cream
    played in garden
    dinner
    muck about with boys before bed time
    film wine
    muck about on 'puter
    pff to bed now
    good day

AlasdairMc

Housework in the morning
    Wannaburger
    Time Traveler's Wife
    First run in ages (and it felt great)
    Wasted time online when I should be wheelbuilding.

samuri
    Free Member

err NO!! it's a MX-5 2ltr sport & man does it f'ing shift

I figured as much, still rear wheel drive are they? Bet that's a lot of fun!

Time Traveler's Wife
    The film? How does it compare to the book?

Philby

Up at 7.15am for a bit of brekky
    Met friends at 8.30 and then stood for 2 hours in a queue to see the Banksy exhibition in Brizzle.
    Get out of Banksy exhibition at 1.00ish with a huge smile on face at his complete irreverence to everything.
    Lunch out at Boston Tea Party.
    Quick trip round Borders to buy a book for work.
    Pootle round bike shop to leer at all the gear and buy nowt.
    Sainsbury's for a quick shop.
    Home crash out – wake up for part of Final Score.
    Down to gym for a swim and sauna.
    Home for oven-cooked salmon with anchovies and salad.
    Pub, followed by pub, followed by late night cocktail bar.
    Home
    Write drivel on here…

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Off to Belfast for an appointment with the US consul to try to get a visa sorted out an making a long weeken of it, so
    Up at 5
    Collect motorcycle an set off – weather is overcast, showers forecast – hofekkinho t that
    1/3 of the way to ferry, and it starting pi55ing own.
    By the time I got to Troon (ferry town) I could hardly see where I was going. nly 1 small area of my visor was still condensation free, making following signs difficult
    8:30 – plenty of time so stopped for petrol,,,,
    ..and..
    the ignition key broke in the petrol cap

Luckily I upgraded the rescue package to "take me home" last week.

Today will be sorting alternative travel to Belfast, and no pleasant weekend with the Irish relatives

wheelz
    Free Member

Spent all day walking up and down pit lane at the Czech Republic Grand Prix in Brno asking stupid questions of MotoGP/250/125 riders.

It was stupid hot, with no shade, and I think I lost about three kilos in body fluids in three hours!

More of the same today, but the weather is even hotter.

Mind you, the Czech brolly girls are certainly some consolation!

barca
    Free Member

Yesterday in bed in ill with flu
    Today in bed ill with flu
    Not the best start to my taper week before the South Downs Way ride next Sunday.

woffle
    Free Member

Lazy breakfast with the kids eating homemade Pain au Chocolat (yum!), then a minor shopping trip to Sainsburys and garden centre broken up by a gentle stroll to a couple of art galleries. Then cleaning out the chickens with my two daughters (including two new Silkie chicks that are 10 weeks old and VERY cute – currently will feed from the hand, trying to tame as much a possible). Then spending the afternoon harvesting from the garden – as much fruit and veg as we could, followed by cooking a gammon joint (lots of maple syrup) for the week ahead.

Highlight of the day, when plucking the 1st blackberries of the year:

Daughter One (2 years old): "Ruby, I've just seen a Haycorn"
    Daughter Two (4 years old): "Don't be silly, Haycorns only come out at night!"

Seems very food focused thus far!

Rivett
    Free Member

A loop round Sherwood Pines. A snooze. Finished building a Wendy House. Listened to football on Five Live.

Flaperon

This ride: http://tinyurl.com/nmtgw9
    (21.4 miles, total climbing 2466 ft)

If you have an Android phone, Google's My Tracks will record a route along with the elevation profile and maximum speeds etc. This one was a bit rubbish towards the end with the long road slog home.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Rode to Dingwall from Evanton, got on the Bikebus, got off at Black Bridge, rode up Strath Vaich, down Gleann Mor past the big electric fences and "keep out – dangerous wild animals" signs near Alladale, then up Glen Calvie and over Strath Ruisdale before a wee bit of tarmac and home for a beer.

trail_rat
    Free Member

up at 6am rode from arbroath to forfar – paid my subs then rode – Forfar -Dunkeld – Ballinluig- turned right (witnessed a Domestic disturbance ) climbed up the hill – rode into pitlochry – had a bacon roll and a scone + irn bru. Continued along the side of the tummel to tummel bridge on the south side (lumpy and bumpy and i couldnt get into a good rhythm) – up to kinloch rannoch – slice of coffee cake and some more juice. back to tummel bridge and took the north road back down the tummel. Rode up the moulin moors road and down to kirkmicheal – contemplated an I heart kirkmicheal sticker for my car or a kirkmicheal cap – decided carrot cake and lemonade was better idea. Then rode over to glen isla and back down to forfar via kirriemuir.

Jumped in the car that my girlfriend took to the audax and drove home.couldnt face the 25 k home as there was some sharp mother **** climbs in it – called it a day at 235k

riding it fixed wheel on 40:14 wasnt one of my smartest ideas but the brooks saddle is the best thing ive ever found for sitting on on a bike !

RS4KEV

Usually go for a short ride on a Sunday but was with my wife in the delivery room this morning. OMG a girl, and a beautiful one at that (not sure what happened to my genes there then), hope she likes bikes 😀

peteimpreza

Booked a chalet for BBB! WooHoo!

dobo
    Free Member

saturday i helped my mother move house, then met with some old friends for a few beers in the evening, only had 3 but still managed to wake up with a huge headache!!! beer does not like me.

sunday i planned a ride on the sdw, but had to delay it to 14:30 due to banging head. ended up doing about 45 miles, dusty trails, lovely day.

thinking about next weekend now, not sure what to do, maybe bbb, i dunno..

aracer
    Free Member

At the time you started this, I'd taken my 2.5 year old son and his teddy for a 12 mile bike ride. Today we came home again, bringing the tent with us.

bruneep

drove from Les Gets to Aberdeen in 23hrs

clareymorris

This was asked on Saturday so….

Woke up in hot tent at Hot Rod Hayride rally
    To the restaurant for breakfast
    Back to tent to get Triumph
    Ride out (pillion) with many guys mostly on old Harley 45s and BSA's
    Watch hot rods racing round dirt track
    Eat olives, goats cheese and chorizo for lunch with red wine (french friends provided this!)
    more hot rod racing
    Ride back to venue via pub
    Drink
    Watch live bands
    jive to bands
    more drink and lots of craic
    more jive
    BED!!!!

montylikesbeer

went to Mossley country show and Monty won three rosettes (monty of MLB) in the dog show.

5th in gundog

4th in veterans

3rd in "hansom dog"

The boy done good

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘What did you do today?’ is closed to new replies.