Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What deals/extras can I expect/haggle on a new Vauxhall Insignia?
  • AB
    Free Member

Not for me, but my father-in-laws 6 year old Freelander needs £1.5k of work, so is gong to trade it in for a new Vauxhall Insignia at this local Vauxhall dealer. They are doing the new ones for £11.5K, down from £15,995.

He would just go in thinking he has got a good deal and expect average book for his Freelander, but I’ve convinced him to let me come along and do the negotiating. I’ve proven pretty good at this over the years, but what discounts or extras can I expect or try to haggle for tomorrow?

project
    Free Member

tinted windows, and a roll of gaffer tape to cover the badges, so nobody knows youve bought a vauxhall.

AB
    Free Member

lol @ Project! 🙂

Marmoset
    Free Member

I would imagine that there won’t be many yet. My brother sells them and he says prices are going to go up this month…

I had a test drive 2 weeks ago and it’s the first Vauxhall I’ve been impressed with for years. Really good ride comfort considering the large wheels, good steering, consistent weight to all the controls and it felt like it was built well (this is coming from a Volvo owner as well!)

AB
    Free Member

I was hoping for things like mats and a servicing package at least!

ken_shields
    Free Member

Tell him that under no conditions to buy an 1.8 petrol engined one. The are massively under powered.

nice to drive but bear in mind GM may be going down the crapper sometime soon.

andywhit
    Free Member

hora will be along shortly to give you the full motor industry spiel 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What deals/extras can I expect/haggle on a new Vauxhall Insignia?’ is closed to new replies.