Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • What dd you do today to reduce your energy consumption?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

After the endless power threads, what did you do today to reduce consumption?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Showered at work 🙂

binners

I’ve just lit one of my own farts. The temperature in here has now increased significantly, so I’ve turned the heating down

aracer
    Free Member

Stopped arguing on STW and turned off the internet

Richie_B

Got up late

Stoner
    Free Member

Packed some LED GU10 bulbs to take round to dads later to replace his halogens.
    Loaded the furnace with more carpenter’s waste.

organic355
    Free Member

cycled to work, and last night split some logs

br
    Free Member

Broke the front spring on my Jag.

bencooper
    Free Member

Ordered an economizer for my oxyacetylene kit.

geoffj

Put on a jumper
    Replumbed the dish washer to use the hot feed to make better use of the solar thermal.

Stoner
    Free Member

economizer for my oxyacetylene kit

there’s no energy saving quite as good as bought energy saving 😉

fivespot
    Free Member

Stayed an extra hour in bed 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

there’s no energy saving quite as good as bought energy saving

Especially as it wasn’t bought for economy reasons, it was bought ‘cos I’m lazy and it saves relighting the torch 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

Read a paper whilst taking my morning dump instead of forcing it out as if there was no tomorrow.

I then wiped my back-side on said paper.

I won’t be doing it again.

mogrim

Rode to work. On a pushbike instead of the motorbike.

footflaps

I had the second under butler start the fire using used newspaper rather than £50 notes.

stumpy01

Stuck to 60mph on the commute, although I do that everyday. My efforts are somewhat thwarted by sitting in 15mins of traffic for the last mile.

I try to reduce the thermostat in the house by a degree or two but the OH is always cold…

ransos
    Free Member

I have remote access to the computer that controls our office heating. I turned it down and no-one noticed…

Coyote
    Free Member

Stayed in a hotel.

DezB
    Free Member

Unplugged the XBox.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’m sitting in my office which is 13 degrees and i have not put on the fan heater. The body warmer is the next option when i get too chilly.

tutgareth
    Free Member

I have just had a lie down to reduce my energy cosumption 😆

patriotpro
    Free Member

Unplugged the XBox.

That will roughly halve the total consumption of your household 😉

perthmtb
    Free Member

Offered to shower with a friend, but they didn’t believe my motive was energy efficiency…

Didn’t have any children.

Yes, I know, but it’s all getting a bit twee isn’t it ?
    Someone’s got to start it.

aracer
    Free Member

My personal energy consumption? I sat on the settee instead of going for a bike ride.

alex222
    Free Member

Live in a freezing cold house. Barely use any appliances. Only go on stw to argue when I should be working.

onehundredthidiot

Rode part of the way to work, which is saving 1/5 of the fuel used for my commute.

And complained that the thermostatic control on my radiator at work is blown so is on full chat all day. Shirt sleeves and open windows to make it bearable.

davosaurusrex

Lying in bed this morning my 3 year old boy repeatedly turned the light on and off while my 5 year old daughter shouted “turn it off, it’s bad for polar bears!” at him at the top of her voice. After about 20 seconds I shouted “pack it in, both of you!” at them. Does that count?

stever
    Free Member

Turned off the telly hard drive, shivering in my upstairs office. Also burns calories.

fasthaggis

I sent off a modification for a new wave machine project, this may help generate more power.

Finishing off some pedal generators for a school project.

🙂

onehundredthidiot

Damn it. I’m now concerned that riding in may have increased energy comsumption and carbon footprint.

Hungrier so eating more with the production and pollution factored in probably would have been better just driving the whole way.

molgrips
    Free Member

On a train. Mind you, I’ve been to London so the car is hardly a good option. Having said that I’ve discovered that the expense reimbursement rate for driving for work is lower than I thought, so I’ll be using the train a lot more in future I think.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hungrier so eating more with the production and pollution factored in probably would have been better just driving the whole way.

If you live longer, that’ll use up more energy too.

The days of our age are threescore years and ten. And if by reason of cycling they reach fourscore years yet is their strength greater carbon footprint and increased strain on the environment.

mrplow
    Free Member

Only fart when walking and don’t waste the thrust sitting down, unless you use it to stand up.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I killed myself, but got bored so resurrected myself, unfortunately this used up 1.21Gw of power, so the net energy use was about the same as if I hadn’t died.

thejesmonddingo

Sat on my arse watching snooker,instead of ironing and hoovering,a victory for the planet.

mudshark
    Free Member

patriotpro – Read a paper whilst taking my morning dump instead of forcing it out as if there was no tomorrow.

I then wiped my back-side on said paper.

footflaps – I had the second under butler start the fire using used newspaper rather than £50 notes.

A winning combination here.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I planned ahead: i broke my scaphoid last week so I’m getting the train to work.

jon1973
    Free Member

Only fart when walking and don’t waste the thrust sitting down, unless you use it to stand up.

Even better, you could consider using an attachment to your rear-end to enable thrust vectoring, which could be more efficient and allow for more rapid direction changes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What dd you do today to reduce your energy consumption?’ is closed to new replies.