Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • What dark rum for sipping?
  • Premier Icon spectabilis
    Free Member

I would hope it has already been stated but the answer is Zacapa.

Premier Icon Coyote
    Free Member

Great minds DrP! Was just about to write about the virtues of Seadog. Very sippable indeed and at £15 a throw definitely worthy of a punt.

Premier Icon steve-g
    Free Member

Mount Gay have just recently changed both the Black Barrel and XO so need to try them again

Premier Icon rickon

I discovered Black Balla recently. Wow. It’s like black treacle. Imagine Diplomatico Reserva if it was reduced down a bit.

I also bought a bottle of Dark Matter, holy crap, that’s awful. It’s just like someone’s thrown a bag of cloves in the cask.

Premier Icon jamesgarbett

I’m enjoying this lately

Premier Icon funkrodent

That Plantation 5yr old is great. However concur with Dark Matter comment above, mouthwash!

Don Papa is odd. I really like it but can understand the doubts about its provenance and what exactly has been added..

Got my eyes on a bottle of RL Seale 10yr, apparently it’s the bees.

Premier Icon Kryton57

PSA: If you haven’t been watching, Mount Gay changed the recipe of Black Barrel so its now left in Bourbon barrels for longer and has older/ pot stilled content.

Anyway, its currently reduced on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mount-Gay-Black-Barrel-Double/dp/B085WJY6K2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=black+barrel+rum&qid=1598296107&sr=8-1

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

Plantation (pineapple dark rum)

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

£44 per bott mind with a free Admiral J’s mug

Premier Icon joshvegas
    Free Member

I also bought a bottle of Dark Matter, holy crap, that’s awful. It’s just like someone’s thrown a bag of cloves in the cask.

Its not a sipper thats for sure.

But chuck in some fresh lime juice and a splash of ginger beer and its bloody fantastic.

Premier Icon muttley109
    Free Member

I went to Costa Rica at the beginning of the year and drank some lovely rums. Brought back a bottle of Centenario 30yr old which the most sippable rum I’ve had.
    I can’t find it anywhere back here though so I’m having to ration it until I can afford to go back to Costa Rica!

Premier Icon frogstomp

@muttley109here you go. May be cheaper to go back to Costa Rica!

Premier Icon muttley109
    Free Member

Bloody hell! I bought the 30yr, 25yr and a 20yr together for £118 in San Jose airport.

Premier Icon steveed
    Free Member

St Nicholas Abbey is one of the best I have had. The St Lucia distillers 1931 is also good. Week on week is the m and s bajan rum, really nice for the price, quite sweet as opposed to delicate.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.