What dark rum for sipping?

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • What dark rum for sipping?
  • nostoc

Flor de Cana 18 currently £33.50 from decantalo.com and they upgraded  me to the arty gift pack version with a book of poetry in Spanish. You have to buy at least three bottles to get the post down, but nice price also on posh Havana Club so Xmas sorted.

Also I note Appleton 12yo £28 on amazon

jkomo

Pussers Navy strength, very tasty and makes your teeth and nose go numb. Excellent

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Anyone here doesn’t like MG XO and wants to swap for a bottle of Kraken? 🙁

Happy to meet for a swap in Fleet Services….

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

That Mount Gay XO is £29.50 on Amazon. However I have a free fresh one just arrived from Barbados itself…

The convenience of it dropping in to the trolley more than makes up the difference!

Premier Icon Trailrider Jim
    Subscriber

Just received a bottle of Burning Barn spiced rum. It’s made in the UK, so not sure what it’ll be like.

Stoner

Current tipple is a bottle of this my brother got me for my birthday. It’s surged to the top of the Stoner-favourites list.

John Frum’s Cargo Cult Spiced Rum

Apparently available in M&S for those of you who find the risk of bumping into Flashy in Waitrose just too oiky.

Ah, but I’m a regular in M&S these days as well. Their beer range is, as I believe de yoot dem says, off da hook fam!

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Tsk, going to the high street and mixing with the scrotes is so 1996…

Premier Icon bob_summers
    Subscriber

My friend bought me some Diplomatic Rerserve… Oh my god, it’s lovely. Tastes like Christmas pudding in a glass. Best warm.

I’m not a spirit drinker, just a bottle of Islay over Christmas, but I do like the sound of drinking Christmas pudding. Is this the one? It’s about half the price of the malt I usually buy too.

Coyote

Not a dark rum but one I was introduced to in Atina Kitchen in Chester is Jamaica Cove Black Pineapple Rum. Gorgeous neat over ice.

Premier Icon frogstomp
    Subscriber

For those who got the Amazon offer I posted on the previous page, keep an eye on the £5 off bonus purchase list – I got a bottle of Flora De Cana (7yo) for a tenner last week!

Heavy hints dropped for a bottle of English Spirit Company spiced for Christmas.

Premier Icon Trailrider Jim
    Subscriber

Whoah, just cracked open the Burning Barn. Talk about spicy, sheesh, it’s got chili burn with a white pepper kick. The madras of spiced rums. If you like flavour, I can recommend this badass.

wheely

I love the smoothness of Goslings. My friends girlfriends brother lives in Bermuda (where it’s made) & always used to bring him a bottle or 2 when he came over here – which my mate duly gave to me. He hasn’t been over for a couple of years now 😭

rcmolloy

Cloven hoof best rum I have ever had definitely worth a try

Premier Icon paladin
    Subscriber

Dark matter – I’ll be buying some tomorrow

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

I’m not a spirit drinker, just a bottle of Islay over Christmas, but I do like the sound of drinking Christmas pudding. Is this the one? It’s about half the price of the malt I usually buy too.

Yep, 9 months old and it’s still stunningly lovely. Smooth, deep, dark and rich. Om nom nom.

It’s what Kraken should taste like, but is too cheap to. (BTW I drink Kraken more than Diplomatico, to save it for more special occasions).

Definitely recommend buying some, if you like your rum a little sweet and dark.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Cheers Stoner…

mau00149

Beachcraft spirits rum

Another batch of spiced rum and intense rum produced by my mate at beachcraft spirits. Ideal for a wee festive tipple or two!

PMK2060

I have currently working my way through another bottle of El Dorado 12 Year Old Rum.

Very pleasant.

Premier Icon 40mpg
    Subscriber

This ones definitely made my Christmas list

null

B.A.Nana

I’ve been told for the last 6 years it’s the next big thing, it never materialised, waste of time stocking a premium range unless you’re in the city.

Premier Icon beanum
    Subscriber

I’ve just come back from the Seychelles and brought back some Takamaka St. André. Very nice. Master of Malt sell it here…

Takamaka

Bit more local…

Daymark 1683 has just been added to my rum collection.

Very, very pleasant stuff.

Premier Icon seadog101
    Subscriber

I’ve said it before, so I’ll say it again…
    El Dorado, an excellent tipple.
    Especially this 21 year old.

steve-g

StefMCDef has the correct answer in my book.

Diplomatico Reserva is lovely but it’s a teeny bit burny, then also a teeny bit too sweet and these 2 kind of net off to being very good. Santa Teresa Solara for me is the perfection that all other rums are compared against. Worth the extra few quid.

Maybe not in the “for sipping” category and definately falls into the “chavvy” category, but Tesco own brand with Old Jamaica ginger beer, ice and slice of lime works for me. So does Kraken.
    I must be uberchav

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.