Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What cycling book do you want written next?
  • ahsat

Vertebrate Publishing are doing a cycling survey, which closes on 6th April.

Survey here

ton

done. more touring books.

Merak

Done, I’m getting old, I’d like more touring books too.

I’m fed up of racing books.

sirromj

“How to master MTB trials in your 40s”

Probably a niche too far I think. Doubt it would help me anyway!

Garry_Lager

Done. Let it be known – when they publish Tour de Shitehole – experience Britain’s post-industrial Blues by bike that was my idea.

easily
    Free Member

A biography of Gino Bartali

DavidB
    Free Member

YoKaiser
    Free Member

^ it’s very good.

easily
    Free Member

Thank you DavidB, after I’d posted I went for a look and I’d just downloaded that before coming back here.

OK, as my wishes are being granted today could I have a Mason Bokeh Ti GRX Di2 please?

weeksy

Cavendish, how to improve your sprints in Zwift race.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

A Jan Ullrich bio for me. Thought I’d Google it before I posted and it looks like one is coming out soon.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Done.

Are there any books with collections of short stories anecdotes etc? Just read a fishing one that was easy to pick up, short story, put down. Some funny, some about amazing catches, but all centred on why people go fishing.

After reading many of the threads on here, I bet singltrack could publish a collection of stories/experiences. I do not always want to read about pros, I like to read more stuff I can relate to.

StirlingCrispin

Further Adventures in Rough Stuff.

Very excited – can’t wait!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maxl/the-rsf-archive-vol-2-further-adventures-in-rough-stuff

montgomery
    Free Member

E-biking round the world – a fascinating story about the logistics of fluctuating electricity supplies, different plug standards and the challenge of twirling the pedals in the hope you can make it 40 miles to the next power outlet.

lunge

[troll]The eBiker paradox – How having a 250w motor means you still need to work as hard as someone without one.
    Be Prepared – Why an MTB rider needs a full backpack to do 2 laps of Follow the Dog.
    Touring bikes – And why there’s no such thing as a flat bar gravel bike.
    Overbiked or overpaid? – Why you need to spend £10k on a 160mm travel enduro bike to ride round Swinley and complain the trails are boring.
    Material thoughts – A detailed study on why Lycra is the best material for cycling clothing and no matter what you pretend, the reason you don’t wear it is you’re vain.
    4 hours become 1 – How faffing and 2 cafe stops turn a 4 hour riding window into 1 hour of actual riding.
    A long drive – The story of the man who thinks nothing of a 90 minute drive to ride for an hour but won’t do 30 minutes ride on the road to get to his local trails.[/troll]

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ha lunge I could’ve written most of that myself!

Although I did buy a flat bar gravel bike recently 😂

steve_b77
    Free Member

“So you think you’re good with bike mechanics? Put that bloody Allen key down before you cost yourself a frikkin’ fortune”

“Why standard laws of physics don’t relate to the weight of assembled bicycles and other cycling myths”

“5W/kg on my smart trainer and why I’m not a pro”

“Winning on Zwift, but shit outdoors; why?”

“The Indurain, Armstrong paradox”

Would be good, judging by a lot of posts on here.

IHN

Very good Lunge, very good. I’ll add

SiS – Sandwiches in Sport; why you don’t need “advanced sports nutrition” to go for a bit of a bike ride with your friends

IdleJon

Would be good, judging by a lot of posts on here.

Is that a book title as well? 😀

easily
    Free Member

Nice one lunge, I’d buy all of those.

why there’s no such thing as a flat bar gravel bike

Why is there no such thing as a flat bar gravel bike?

lunge

Although I did buy a flat bar gravel bike recently

No you didn’t, you bought a hybrid…

lunge

Few more?

How far for gnar? – A woman’s quest to justify why it’s OK to drive for an hour to ride her bike in a pandemic.
    I’m no roadie – One mans struggle to show the world he’s definitely not a road cyclist by riding a bike, on the road, but making sure he has baggy shorts and a peaked helmet.
    Outside In – The slow slide from grace of a promising MTBer who loves dirt and gnar, how they buy a road bike to keep fit and end up spending all their riding time on Zwift in a sweaty garage.
    2 wheels or 2 legs? – Autobiography, the man who sold his bikes and instead runs 70 miles per week but still hangs about on MTB forums and pretends he’s still a cyclist. Spoiler, he isn’t.
    Spend pounds, don’t lose pounds – How you can definitely spend your way to increased speed and in no way should you just put the cake down and ride your bike more.

kennyp
    Free Member

Re the Gino Bartali biog. Very interesting book, particularly his exploits during the war.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What cycling book do you want written next?’ is closed to new replies.