Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What CX/touring disc frame?
  • boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’m looking for a CX/touring/gravel frame.

Requirements are disc mounts, drop bar compatible and threaded BB. Mudguard and rack mounts would be advantageous. Not bothered about frame material. Will be using it for commuting/touring/gravel tracks.

Just looking for the frame as I have a fork.

Any ideas?

Ben_H

Lots of choice here… it would be worth looking at the Cotic, Genesis and Surly ranges for starters.

I’ve had a Cotic Escapade and, latterly, a Surly Ogre. The former is designed around drops and the latter for flats; I’ve built them up happily with both sets of bar configurations.

In general, I’ve found the Cotics to be lighter and sprightlier to ride, but with fewer braze-ons.

mcj78
    Free Member

I reckon one of these would be perfecto – there’s a big thread on here somewhere full of various builds, i’ve got the previous incarnation & it’s great – have run it with 25-35c tyres but there’s probably room for 40c if that’s your bag, really nice to ride – would have another in a heartbeat

Charge Plug

J

cloudnine
    Free Member

Head over to the stw Tripster thread

scotroutes

Van Nicolas Amazon.

Yes, I have one. It does all you want it to.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Cheers guys – some really interesting thoughts there.

Hmmmmm 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Gotta Say, I love my vaya.

Far too heavy for CX tho..

MoreCashThanDash

Is the Arkrose available frame only still?

BigDummy
    Free Member

You don’t see a whole load, but Soma Wolverines always look amazing. 🙂

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

If you can cope with not going so wide on the tires the Kaffenback is grand for the price.

Cheers, Steve

ampthill

I can ‘t see much frame only (no fork)

It might be worth looking for an older short travel 26 inch hardtail frame. I was thinking second hand…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

if you’re looking towards Tripster end of the market, what about a half-priced Niner RLT?

http://www.topfun.com/en/buscar?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=RLT&submit_search=

josemctavish
    Free Member

Another vote for the Van Nicholas Amazon here – it is pretty much exactly what you describe.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

http://www.ukbikesdepot.com/m90b187s804p19015/Frames_And_Forks/Road_Frame_Packs/RIDGEBACK_Panorama_Deluxe_Frameset_2016 ?

Been very impressed with my gf’s Ridgeback tourer. Comfy and springy unloaded, but still stiff enough with heavy panniers.

genubah
    Free Member

@boriselbrus
    Is your fork straight or tapered? Because this might narrow down your choices…
    Also, what is the budget? Would you be happy with a pre-owned Boardman CX (frame-only L sizes seem to pop up on ebay all the time) or with a brand new pedigreed Ti (Lynskey CooperCX/Urbanskey, Enigma/Sabbath/Qoroz etc.)?

frankconway

+1 for lynskey cooper.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Lots of choice, liking my CAADX (had Vaya, flexed a lot and not light but so what) light and comfy but I doubt available as frame only.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, my fork is 1 1/8″ straight so will fit pretty much anything and I think I’m going to go for the Cotic Escapade. I like Cotic, I like Cy, and the frame meets all my needs and is available frame only.

Can’t wait!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What CX/touring disc frame?’ is closed to new replies.