Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • What crimes are acceptable?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

theflatboy – how many of those are crimes?

D'oh!

MSP

Kicking Tim Westwood to death, repeatedly, kicking him to death just once may not be enough.

sofatester
    Free Member

War crimes*

*If your on the winning side

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bing
    Free Member

Crimes against fashion.

Bing
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    Kicking Tim Westwood to death, repeatedly, kicking him to death just once may not be enough.

LOL, agreed, he has also been shot once and that wasnt enough! kicking would also let out alot more rage!

jonahtonto
    Free Member

beating Morrisey to death with Tim Westwoods repeatedly kicked to death, dead body

CountZero

LOL, there's plenty of crimes on here I agree with. Breaking the limit at night on empty roads, beating Tim Westwood to death with Chris Moyles dead body, (or is it the other way round), to which I'd add the annoying prat who presents that Iron Chef programme: nothing would give me greater pleasure than to have the camera cut back to show him lying with a dozen or so chef's knives sticking out of him. There are some crimes that should be met with instant incarceration, like tucking trakky bottoms into white socks, putting bar ends on riser bars, saying 'izzit?', using 'In da house' in a non-ironic fashion.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Personally not a fan of speed limits but always stay within 10-20mph. The most important thing is safe driving, not neccesarily speed.

Drug taking is not on. Of course it should be illegal. If it were legal I'd hope the NHS would charge stupendous amounts for any drug related treatment (as they should for smoking/obesity related illness).

zokes
    Free Member

Drug taking is not on. Of course it should be illegal. If it were legal I'd hope the NHS would charge stupendous amounts for any drug related treatment (as they should for smoking/obesity related illness).

Lets hope you never fall off your bike or anything. Self inflicted – make him pay for it!

What, precisely, do you know about 'drugs', other than what the Daily Mail tells you?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

There's a difference between doing a sport that keeps you fit and healthy and taking something that's whole purpose is to mess you up inside.

And you can shove the daily mail up your hoop, I'm not a tory.

Edric64
    Free Member

Bar ends with riser bars.

What's wrong with that? it gives you another position. Then again if you buy the right height stem you shouldn't need riser bars anyway

Edric64
    Free Member

Anything drug related is fair game. What the **** its got to do with the authorities what i decide to shove up my nose, down my throat is beyond me .You can kill yourself for all I care but don't go to the Nhs for help,same goes for alcoholics and lung cancer sufferers brought on by smoking

zokes
    Free Member

There's a difference between doing a sport that keeps you fit and healthy and taking something that's whole purpose is to mess you up inside.

Smokers and drinkers pay for their eventual NHS treatment through the exorbitant taxes on their drugs. If 'drugs' were legalised and regulated, the same would apply. Are you taxed to that level on bike parts? Should you be? Wrapping yourself around a tree and vegetating yourself is hardly going to be cheap on the NHS, although in your case, it would result in one less judgemental idiot spouting rubbish on a topic they clearly have no comprehension of, so that might be a price worth paying.

Of course, everyone who so much as looks at some cannabis / MDMA / cocaine is the scum of the earth. Silly me 🙄

And you can shove the daily mail up your hoop, I'm not a tory.

Nope, you must be even less intelligent

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Someone who used to be a good friend of mine did cannabis.

When I met him he was friendly, hard working and sociable. Over the year I worked with him his dependance on cannabis spiralled out of control. It started off as little things like being a bit late. Gradually he lost all control of his life. He ended up behind on his rent, missing work. Some days he'd come into work and cry all day. His work went to pot and he got disciplined a few times.

Eventually he hit his girlfriend with a pan. She hit him back. He ended up homeless, penniless and an emotional wreck. He was constantly ill and broke his arm while he was high. I lived abroad then and he had to pay for this, which obviously didn't help his situation.

I consider myself to be far more intelligent than this guy who's life was ruined by something people want legalized.

That's what I know about drugs. It's not from the daily mail, it's from the real world.

And like I say, there's a difference between taking drugs that ruin your mind and doing a sport that keeps you healthy and more likely than not out of hospital more than a normal person.

Rich
    Free Member

😆

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh dear the ever classic debate about whether drugs should be legalised or allowed!!

there's a difference between right/wrong and legal/illegal. Is stealing from a supermarket that treats its staff like crap and puts bleach on food in the bin so no homeless person eats it… probably not but its illegal. is it wrong to cheat the national economy of the taxes you should pay by off shoaring your money to the cayman islands …definately, but it is legal.

use your intelligence.

zokes
    Free Member

I consider myself to be far more intelligent than this guy who's life was ruined by something people want legalized.

1/3rd of the adult population has at some point tried cannabis. I can see them everywhere, hooked on the stuff. 🙄

Just because a few out of the many responsible drug users over do it doesn't mean that they should be banned. Look at just how many people are addicted to the far worse legal drugs.

To turn the flimsy analogy back to cycling, mountain biking is a risky sport. You could be just as fit and healthy walking. Riding into a tree could ruin your mind, you selfishly choose to carry on riding knowing that's a slight risk. You could just get out and enjoy the countryside on foot and remain just as healthy.

The converse to your experience is one of my colleagues at university. He's probably one of the most intelligent people I know, and is a regular recreational drug user. Yet he still holds down a good relationship, social life, and a very high pressure job. He also rides and walks, and ice climbs. Obviously it's the drugs that'll get him though…

jonahtonto
    Free Member

im a little bit pissed and new to this forum so am going to start a mirror thread, what crimes are totally unacceptable?

Kevevs
    Free Member

going to bed and forgetting to turn out the hall light.

konabunny
    Free Member

Someone who used to be a good friend of mine did cannabis.

When I met him he was friendly, hard working and sociable. Over the year I worked with him his dependance on cannabis spiralled out of control. It started off as little things like being a bit late. Gradually he lost all control of his life. He ended up behind on his rent, missing work. Some days he'd come into work and cry all day. His work went to pot and he got disciplined a few times.

Eventually he hit his girlfriend with a pan. She hit him back. He ended up homeless, penniless and an emotional wreck. He was constantly ill and broke his arm while he was high. I lived abroad then and he had to pay for this, which obviously didn't help his situation.

Lord knows that no-one's ever heard of anyone abusing alcohol and assaulting their partner, calling in sick, breaking/spraining limbs, losing jobs…

I don't use drugs and I believe that use of many and abuse of all can obviously have very serious and negative impact on users/abusers lives. But sometimes the prohibition ends up creating more problems than it's preventing – and this imho is the situation currently with cannabis prohibition.

donsimon
    Free Member

But sometimes the prohibition ends up creating more problems than it's preventing – and this imho is the situation currently with cannabis prohibition.

There's validity in this argument. I had a discussion about this lastweek with a student. I'm sure that there are studied available, but for me one of the key factors for giving up smoking was the fact that I couldn't escape the smoke, in bars, restarants, shops, banks, train stations everywhere!! Disgusting! Equally the argument where the restriction of smoking reduces sales.

Cannabis if legalised would, IMO, lead to a quality standard being needed and the revenue stream going to the govt and not crime! These criminals would only go and find another source, so maybe it's better to let them make money from the relatively harmless cannabis!

Also as a digression, do you think that if alcohol and fags had to go through the same screening and testing as modern pharma drugs, they would get licences?

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘What crimes are acceptable?’ is closed to new replies.