Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What could I do with 20+ usb power banks
  • nemesis
    Free Member

Through random circumstances I’ve ended up with about 20 usb power banks – good quality, 2000ish mah – they’ll comfortably charge a phone.

A few are useful for their intended purpose for me and the family but beyond that I’m looking for some ideas on what to do with them – sensible, practical or silly, bike related or not…

I have seen usb mtb lights but I already have lights though I did wonder if I could mount them in series / parallel to make a bigger battery.

Thanks 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

I use a power bank to keep a phone charged in the car while playing music, reason being because charging via a charger plugged into cig socket causes really horrible interference from the engine matched to engine speed.

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks but don’t have that problem in my car

teethgrinder

Short them

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Take on Elon and start a Tesla rival.

nemesis
    Free Member

Teethgrinder – er… 😉

I’ve already got those leds but I guess I could use them away from power. Maybe on the bike for Xmas…

I do wonder if this is his tesla started 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

I use a power bank to keep a phone charged in the car while playing music, reason being because charging via a charger plugged into cig socket causes really horrible interference from the engine matched to engine speed.

If you are connecting to the stereo with a 3.5mm jack lead then get a lead with a ground loop isolator. They are a few quid on eBay. Should solve it (although I appreciate you already have a working solution)

jekkyl

do you want to sell any at mates rates?

matt_outandabout

eBike homebrew with black and decker drill…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Get a suppressor fitted or check your alternator has one that’s dodgy.

nemesis
    Free Member

Any more ideas?

jimdubleyou

Dispose of in fire.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Send them to ygh by my hermes, one a day in a traceable sequence and see what order they arrive in?

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/myhermes-divide-by-zero/

rene59
    Free Member

Donate them to perople who could use them for intended purpose.

madhouse

Set up a wind turbine / solar to charge them and then power your stuff for free *

* free at point of use – obviously there’ll be a set up cost which will probably outweigh the free power but you know, it’ll be a fun project.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Willing to accept Hermes deliveries of combustible electronics

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What could I do with 20+ usb power banks’ is closed to new replies.