Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What contents-only bike friendly insurer?
  • Northwind

In the middle of a move into a rented house, and the bikes are going to live inside the house, which is a bit different for me… Security’s worked out pretty simple due to a convenient floor vent that I can stick a chain through, but I’m a bit lost for insurance. Does anyone have a recommendation for a single policy contents-only option that covers high value bikes? Ideally tools as well but that might be a big ask.

Northwind

Oh yeah, “high value” is probably a bit vague. No e-bikes, most expensive single bike probably about £3000, probably about £10000 all in. By 2021 standards probably not high value at all 😛

MoreCashThanDash

Try Aviva or esure

munrobiker
    Free Member

I was with Aviva last year. Their bike cover was good but I saved £300 or so on buildings and contents by taking the bikes off and insuring them separately with Barclays, who offered the same level of cover. I still use Aviva for everything else.

matt_outandabout

I’ve just moved from Aviva to Nationwide – I’ve paid less for better cover (new for old)…

ginkster

Barclays do contents and/or bike only. For the bikes you state the value of the most expensive up to £5k and all others are covered to that value. No need to lock if in a building.

reluctantjumper

I’m with Nationwide for contents only in a flat with just under £10k of bikes (most expensive is £4k), £23pcm. Have been the best price for nearly 6 years now, sometimes by a big difference.

Northwind

Thanks folks, looks like I should have switched to Nationwide ages ago tbh!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What contents-only bike friendly insurer?’ is closed to new replies.