Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • what confectionery would you like to see make a return?
  • davedodd
    Free Member

Nutty bars. Caramel covered in peanuts. Mmmmmmm

mattjevans
    Free Member

Frankly anything gelatinous with fake colouring and flavouring rather than the fruit juice based crap thats all you seem to be able to buy now

Smudger666

drac..

My gran used to work at the castleford factory back in the late 60’s/70’s so christmas from her was always a shoe box full of random misshapes sold to the staff for cheap..

one christmas I got a texan bar, well, I say A texan bar, it was about 9 or ten that had all stuck together before the chocolate was applied – this thing was about twice the diameter of my 6-10 year old arm – I still get misty eyed at the thought of it.

mudshark
    Free Member

Texan bars – anyone remember when they brought them back about 10 years ago? After this came out:

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/its-official-texan-is-britains-favourite-chocolate-bar-ever-154179795.html

I bought a pack of 3 and they were no way as good as I remembered, pretty unappealing actually so maybe good for kids only. So I now say those big Wham bars were the best.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Nutty Bars and Spangles

stcolin
    Free Member

Secret bar. I remember them being really expensive compared to the mere mortals like Mars etc. And they can on a little cardboard tray if I remember correctly?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Cabana bars, Aztecs and Old Jamaica.
    All a dream though as i don’t eat choc chocs any more. 🙁
    Bloody hell just remembered Kunzle Cakes, the crack cocaine of confectionary. 😯

PMK2060

Coconut boost.

spud-face

irc

Aztec bars.

Mark

Another + for Texan bars.. Now, how do we make it happen..

vickypea
    Free Member

I would have said plain chocolate bountys, but I saw one the other day for the first time in years!

mildred

Cadbury’s Fuse. That was a properly solid lump.

Oh yes… A bit like council estate tiffin….!

j40aja
    Free Member

Would love to see the return of Cadbury Spira and Cadbury Shots.
    Always seemed popular but dissapeared off the face of the planet.

mightymule
    Free Member

Another vote for Pacers.

bearnecessities

council estate tiffin

matthewjb
    Free Member

Everyone of a certain age will say Texan bars.

When I was a child that was my weekly treat. A texan bar to eat while watching The Muppets.

CHB

I would have to say the original coconut boost…oh and Thorntons chocolates that were not stripped of all quality to meet the demands of selling in a supermarket.

slackalice
    Free Member

Glees. Chewy fruity things that were in a purple packet and possibly a little like the Skittles are nowadays. I think they were made by Mars.

I remember them being yummy 🙂

zippykona

SamB
    Free Member

Cadbury’s Spira. Used to love them – I know it’s just another form of Cadbury’s chocolate, but somehow they tasted different – maybe it’s the increased percentage of “surface chocolate” or something 😕

james123
    Free Member

Liquorice P & K gum as well as Big Red gum (aniseed).

Cougar

I’d like to see the return of Cadbury’s Flake.

… Adverts.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

stuey
    Free Member

Double deckers – WITH the raisins still in them.

rob2
    Free Member

Splicers? No one seems to remember them!

In London there is a museum of packaging and it has all the old sweets that this guy collected.

Has Quattro can, top deck and funny feet yoghurts.

It’s a really good visit

passtherizla
    Free Member

SPIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!! cups of tea aren’t the same without that particular chocolatey straw.

somouk
    Free Member

I’d love to see the return of the Fuse bar. Lovely things!

mamadirt
    Free Member

[img]http://www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk/product_images/u/301/sweet_baccy__47762_zoom.jpg[/img]

Lovely stuff. You can still buy it fron aquarterof.com but it no longer comes in tobacco pouches 🙁

wonderchump
    Free Member

Toffee Treets

+1 for Spangles

Old English Mints

Nutty Bar (toffee rolled in peanuts)

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Another vote for Pacers here too. Must admit that modern versions of the old classics, just aren’t the same, like rock hard fruit pastilles, that questioned the strength of your teeth with everyone you chewed and fruit gums that stuck forever in the roof of your mouth. Can you still get space dust?

Scapegoat

Another shout for spangles. There was a special edition one that was a buttery beige colour. Awesome.

ricky1
    Free Member

On the way to school we used to buy ghostbusters bars,they were really tasty,red inside and chocolate coated,haven’t seen them since late 80’s early 90’s,anyone remember them?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pineapple Chunks. The sweets, not the fruit.

ask1974
    Free Member

Coconut Boost. Can’t believe it’s 20 years since it was discontinued 🙁

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Lol to the Top Deck! Pacers were horrible…
    Spangles – end of thread

Cougar

Pineapple Chunks. The sweets, not the fruit.

I’d be stunned if you can’t get those still.

BillMC

merry maids

Vern0n
    Free Member

Pacers, yum! And Top Deck, mmmm I can taste it now!

My vote goes to those skeleton candy things in a coffin…. Bone Shakers???

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘what confectionery would you like to see make a return?’ is closed to new replies.