Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • What colour was Jesus?
  • sodafarls
    Free Member

Never sinned at all – so why did he take your place?

His Dad told him to? He’s not really a good example for the kids now is he, spineless fool i’d say…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

To give a vaguely serious answer – no one really knows – but he was of the Semitic tribes so more than likely he would have looked like a modern day arab. sort of cafe au lait colour? Probable dark hair as well. No chance he was a blue eyed white skinned blond. Wrong part of the world for that

tyger
    Free Member

Soda, take a closer look or are you the “spineless fool”?

TJ – yes I’d say you’re right on the money.

sodafarls
    Free Member

Soda, take a closer look or are you the “spineless fool”?

hmm, let me think..my da asks me to die for someone else’s “sins”,I think i’d tell him to **** off. What would you do?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Surely he was anodised purple. please don’t spoil it for me 🙁

BigDummy
    Free Member

I suspect it matters relatively little. Presumably European ecclesiastical art depicts him as it does because they wanted to paint something they regarded as very beautiful. Ethiopian images show him as black, for exactly the same reason.

Religious art was one of the richest veins of cultural achievement in Europe for centuries. They were not wildly concerned with historical accuracy, but with conveying a sense of the power and beauty of the stories, the emotion of them and their faith.

🙂

sodafarls
    Free Member

But that is not what the OP asked BD, is it?

sodafarls
    Free Member

BigDummy
    Free Member

’cause you’re right on topic…

😉

grizzlygus
    Free Member

BigDummy has killed the thread and stopped your fun sodafarls 🙁

BigDummy
    Free Member

Rats, sorry! On reflection I think another round of christian-baiting would be huge fun, and probably authentically working class. Crack on.

😉

sodafarls
    Free Member

Oh come on, I was baiting Muslims too. Dhimmies, oh so delicate.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Too late I fear BD – sodafarls waited for over 10 minutes before attempting to revive the thread.

Turn the lights off before you go sodafarls.

BigDummy
    Free Member

🙂

sodafarls
    Free Member

🙄

sodafarls
    Free Member

Looks like i’ve annoyed somebody. Oh well, BigDummy has illustrated that he has “class issues” and Gus is still sulking from his shame in referencing the Daily Mail to support an argument a couple of days ago. Really, I expected more sport from both of you.

zaskar
    Free Member

I think BigDummy is spot on-they dipict their saints according to their stereotype culture for that time regardless of recorded history/ethnicity.

Makes a difference-probably not unless you’re rascist Christian? or using the Karan for war/terrorism when the ideas don’t match true facts.

I just want the truth-can we handle the truth? looks like it.

BigDummy – Member
    I suspect it matters relatively little. Presumably European ecclesiastical art depicts him as it does because they wanted to paint something they regarded as very beautiful. Ethiopian images show him as black, for exactly the same reason.

Religious art was one of the richest veins of cultural achievement in Europe for centuries. They were not wildly concerned with historical accuracy, but with conveying a sense of the power and beauty of the stories, the emotion of them and their faith.

Great!

Soda-don’t think you annoyed anyone too much anyway! good points though.

stufield
    Free Member

Jesus was a black man
    No Jesus was Batman
    No, no, no, no, not at all
    That was Bruce Wayne

zaskar
    Free Member

Well they’re both Dark knights…

Andyhilton
    Free Member

stufield – Member

Jesus was a black man
    No Jesus was Batman
    No, no, no, no, not at all
    That was Bruce Wayne

dammit- beaten to it!

epicyclo

It’s simple. God made man in his own image.

Go look in the mirror…

bigrich

I believe jesus existed, however, if he never did a sin, that means he went 33 years without knocking one out. thats a hell of a leap of faith.

TooTall
    Free Member

f he never did a sin, that means he went 33 years without knocking one out.

I think that tells us a lot about how you view such things – which is a worrying insight indeed.

wwaswas

Jesus – if he wasn’t Hispanic why did he have a Mexican name, then?

BlingBling
    Free Member

I also came to post Shaun Ryders lyrics 🙁

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

the image of Jesus is a roman creation. There’s some studies that suggest Jesus was extremely short, slightly crooked gait and sharp features. And of course skin colour normal for the area he came from.

Harry_the_Spider

Looking at my Cromadex paint chart I would say RAL 8000 or BS 4800 08 C 37.

enfht
    Free Member

er….did anyone clock the “disruptive to community cohesion” picture in this post? Where’s my tin hat?

sodafaris has big balls

😆

Coyote
    Free Member

I would guess probably Middle Eastern looking as he came from the Middle East.

julianwilson
    Free Member

the thing that upsets the Jewish ‘authorities’ in the Jesus story is that he hangs around with ‘gentiles’ (people who aren’t Jewish). So although he would have been a brown man with a big nose the point was that he was happy to be mates with anyone regardless of their job, ancestral roots, faith or skin colour. I suppose that is the biggest thing that makes christianity different from Judaism.

A thing which all to many christians forget unfortunately.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

There’s some studies that suggest Jesus was extremely short, slightly crooked gait and sharp features.

Really?! How on earth would you be able to back those up?

wwaswas

they asked people on a forum what they thought he looked like MrSalmon.

that was the answer so it must be true.

zaskar
    Free Member

Whether religion is ture or not regardless of any faith-

It did teach people to treat eah other fairly and equally regardless creed, colour or sex.

It didn’t happen-look around the world-fighting wars because of hatred or religion or money etc.

So when will hatred ever stop?

Soda has the right to joke if he can take it back the Athiest scum! ;O)

I kill you and blow mtber up by putting landmines on trail! well thats extreme.

I have noticed speaking to Muslim women-they seem to be more relaxed and anti war and hatred while the guys are quick to fight and hate jews-without a knowing why!!??

-Blame men?

MTB Riding is my religion and I’m going off to pray for 20 miles on road…converted?!

kimbers

the question is what does l ron hubbard look like

give it 2000 years and someone will be debating that question on some futuristic forum

scientology is the next big thing, its got celebrity endorsement, a self help vibe and the day that we finally encounter alien life, whether its bacteria on mars or xenus as ron reckons a lot of people are gonna start doubting current faiths and look for something thats got the answers…

so anyway it turns out hes ginger…..

molgrips
    Free Member

Nutter ^^^

Anyway, Jesus was middle eastern for sure, but he wasn’t Arab. In any case, I work with an Arab bloke who could easily pass for white. Maybe Eastern European.

Harry_the_Spider

I remeber when L Ron Hubbard was in Spinal Tap.

enfht
    Free Member

This forum is truly fcuked in the head

I dare to say Islamic ideology is a threat and get shouted down, nazi images are posted as replies, and “I pity you” statements are left by various blinkered, ignorant left wing ****

An image gets posted which has previously caused muslims to drag elderly nuns from church and beat them to death, and what happens….nothing.

Are these same “informed” **** now burying their heads in the sand, cos if they are then they need to know that the “sand people” wont let it go.

molgrips
    Free Member

As for not being able to insult Islam – well it seems fair to me. After all, most Christians don’t get really upset when you blaspheme, but some Muslims do. Fair enough.

Blokes don’t get upset when you get all crude and sexist, but women do. So most people moderate their sexism when women are present. Fair enough innit.

It’s all about the offence that will be caused by your words. It ain’t rational, nor is it exactly balanced, but so what? If something is going to upset, don’t say it – if it isn’t, then do. Have some compassion.

Pook

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Blong Haired & Aryan, natch.

Invoking Godwins Law, them there Nazi’s seemed to think so & spent time, money etc etc looking for lost Aryan tribes of which they believed he was a member.

Not sure about the short dodgy looking bloke with the naff hair & moustache though, he didnt look very Aryan at all to me.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘What colour was Jesus?’ is closed to new replies.