Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • What colour is this?
  • Bregante

But that has bits of turquoise teal on the forks, and the seat rails.

mintimperial

Oh come on!

…I can get some custom stickers made up for the forks, jeez.

It’s definitely green, by the way – I checked with the wife, she says it’s green. That’s the same as permission to buy one, right?

cbike
    Free Member

Lee Filters 115

Kahurangi

That’s so green it’s nearly Cambridge Blue.

Looks mint anyway.

binners

Its Pantone 3255C. Thats all you need to know

thestabiliser
    Free Member

paint magnolia, it’ll sell better (according to Dion Dublin)

Yak

That’s the same as permission to buy one, right?

Naturally. Clear affirmative there.

rogermoore

It’s the colour the desktop was in Windows 3.11.
    RM.

Milkie
    Free Member

Unless your monitor is calibrated it may not show the correct colour.

DezB
    Free Member

Its Pantone 3255C. Thats all you need to know

Well, flip me. They have a Colour of the Year!
    Why isn’t this televised??

Pigface
    Free Member

Is it this colour? I always thought Leyton House invented it/trade marked it or something

Esme
    Free Member

Colour of the Year? Oh no, turquoise is sooo 2010 😥

DezB
    Free Member

Which is clearly “15-5519 Turquoise” and not 3255C.

Looking at this year’s – Marsala, wondering how I can incorporate it into my kitchen

rusty90
    Free Member

Well, flip me. They have a Colour of the Year!

Exciting stuff! Colour of the Year 2015 is Marsala.

A naturally robust and earthy wine red, Marsala enriches our minds, bodies and souls.

But does it make the trails come alive?

Esme
    Free Member

I really don’t understand your thinking here, Mintimperial 😕

The idea of having all your bikes in the same colour is to convince your non-biking partner that you only have one bike in the shed. Okay, so it sometimes has straight bars and sometimes drops, and switches between slick and knobbly tyres, but it’s only one bike, yeah?

So why are you even discussing this purchase with Mrs Mintimperial?

everyone
    Free Member

It’s celeste and it belongs on a Bianchi!

fasthaggis

Turquoise helps to open the lines of communication between the heart and the spoken word. It presents as a friendly and happy color enjoying life.

On this thread,maybe not so much 😛

mintimperial

Is it this colour? I always thought Leyton House invented it/trade marked it or something

Now that’s very definitely a blue to my eyes. I think celeste is a blue too, but the Transition ‘teal’ definitely looks different and it looks green to me.

I really don’t understand your thinking here, Mintimperial

The idea of having all your bikes in the same colour is to convince your non-biking partner that you only have one bike in the shed. Okay, so it sometimes has straight bars and sometimes drops, and switches between slick and knobbly tyres, but it’s only one bike, yeah?

So why are you even discussing this purchase with Mrs Mintimperial?

Nah. My wonderful wife knows I’ve got loads of bikes and she’s fine with that. The green-only thing was self-imposed to stop me going nuts buying and selling bikes and frames all the time. Also I like green.

I was discussing it with her because she maintains that men have no colour perception (in spite of banging on about how evil gender differentiation is, apparently it’s ok when she does it), and if I bought a bike that I thought was green and she didn’t then she’d point it out, and that would annoy me, and I’d had a couple of glasses of wine and oh god I wish I’d never started this now.

Thanks everyone for joining in though… 🙂

Esme
    Free Member

Ah, I understand now!

When we moved house, I said I’d like green carpets, but he disagreed. So I ordered a very tasteful shade of green called celadon, and just told him it was grey. Win-win! 😀

fionap
    mintimperial

Ooh that’s interesting, thank you. *bookmarks*

Wikipedia says green is “light with a predominant wavelength of roughly 495–570 nm”, and that link tells me that my colour is about 515nm, so that’s another bit of evidence for it being green and not blue, then.

When we moved house, I said I’d like green carpets, but he disagreed. So I ordered a very tasteful shade of green called celadon, and just told him it was grey. Win-win!

Perhaps he’s slightly colour-blind? I had green walls in my bedroom when I was a teenager and my colour-blind brother swore that they were grey.

fionap

It also has more ‘green’ in it than ‘blue’ when you look at the RGB values, so it sounds like you win. I copied it into photoshop and got the values there, then googled it.

This is sort of fun, if you’re interested in colour perception (albeit affected by your monitor/device screen): http://www.colormunki.com/game/huetest_kiosk

Kahurangi

I thought was green and she didn’t then she’d point it out, and that would annoy me, and I’d had a couple of glasses of wine and oh god I wish I’d never started this now

can someone who speaks German invent a word meaning “the regret of having posted a topic on the STW” please.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Is that Mark’s Teal?

(Oh, how I’ve been waiting for that!)

well I liked it CFH… 🙂

Cougar

It’s the colour the desktop was in Windows 3.11.

Wasn’t 3.1 just grey? (Are you thinking of NT?)

It’s not a million miles from the Windows 98 SE default, thinking about it.

Cougar

Also,

Close…

Bunnyhop

I don’t get that ‘teal’joke.
    Ducks 🙂

Esme
    Free Member

Specially for you, Bunnyhop:
    Mark’s teal

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Glad someone got it, Stoatsbrother!

🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cougar, I did wonder if it was left or right but Wesley looks at his right gloved had when they are captured on the far side of the fireswamp. Also, the sword Inigo used was weighted for a 6 fingered user and the six fingered man wore his sword on the left hip and used his right hand.

Esme
    Free Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread, Mintimperial, but I now have the definitive answer:
    It’s GRUE 😛

Cougar

No, it’s bleen.

Cougar, I did wonder if it was left or right

You’re right. I was recalling Inigo’s first meeting with Westley, but (shame of shames) misremembered the dialogue. “I do not mean to pry, but you don’t by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?”

Onzadog
    Free Member

Which is curious as he knew that the 6 fingered man was a right handed swordsman but Wesley initially presented left handed. He also didn’t look ten years or more older than Inigo.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Without looking at previous posts, I’d say it’s teal. Much beloved of modern action movies and their posters.

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘What colour is this?’ is closed to new replies.