Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What coil shock on your Five?
  • soulrider
    Free Member

Right am looking to put a coil on my Five for the MacAvalanche and the Passports Du Soleil
    I have looked at the
    Fox Vanilla RC
    Manitou Revox
    Marzocchi Roco TST

loco_pollo
    Free Member

CCDB

soulrider
    Free Member

once I had decrypted what you meant – £430 is a lot of bluddy money when most others are around £300 or under

is it really worth the extra £130??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carbon337
    Free Member

I have an VAN RC – just 2 weeks old – love it cobined with my lyrik coil forks speak to Simon at Loco Tuning.

nickf
    Free Member

If it’s just for those events, I’d suggest a secondhand Van for c.£100-150. A different spring to suit your weight is about £20. You may find that you really like it and don’t want to go back to air, in which case send it off for Push tuning and it’ll be perfect for you.

I have one on my Patriot and it’s very good indeed.

soulrider
    Free Member

I have a 2000 Vanilla RC from my old PAtriot it has been sat ina box since late 2007

its a 190/57 so I dont know how thats going to affect the Five.
    (it prob needs a service as well!)

peterfile
    Free Member

ride one that is set up properly and you would be happy to pay an extra £300.

however, most aren’t set up as well as they could be, and in that case you are better off just getting a DHX or similar PUSHED.

if you don’t think you are good at setting up/tuning your suspension, don’t bother with a CCDB.

however, if you know what you want and are prepared to put in the time to get the shock set up correctly, it will blow you away.

messiah
    Free Member

A custom tuned one – or a cheap one you plan to get tuned once you’ve figured out what you want/like. The most important thing is to get the right spring!

brant
    Free Member

Isn’t an air shock better because of the rate change of the system?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Is there a big enough difference between the others and the CCDB to justify the price difference?

Resolutely, unequivocally, emphatically: Yes there is.

Is that difference worth paying for?

The only person that can answer that is you, but if it helps, in my view it is absolutely worth paying for.

My experience is that the difference between say a Fox DHX coil (even a pushed one) to the CCDB is as big as the shift from a Fox RP23 to the DHX coil.

It really is amazing. If you want me to ellaborate let me know.

loco_pollo
    Free Member

Absolutely

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What coil shock on your Five?’ is closed to new replies.