Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What clothing for Mallorca in early April?
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

Spending first week in April in Mallorca, based in Puerto Pollenca and riding both road and mtb into the mountains.

Anyone else been around that time, and if so how cold/warm is it? We talking longsleeve windstopper with shorts? Or shortsleeves too?

Cheers!

B

Blackhound

I have been in March and May. Weather unpredictable. You will likely get some lovely days but also wet and windy. Short sleeves and arm warmers with a gilet and a light rain jacket should cover all the bases. Don’t forget something to cover your knees.

Have a good trip.

robertgray05
    Free Member

Cheers mate 🙂

jamesr
    Free Member

As above.
    Take some long fingered gloves and a hat too, sounds daft gets cold in the mountains, especially if it’s wet.

mooman
    Free Member

Easier to check forecast before you go. We went mid April last year and had scorching weather. Then went back out Whitsun week and it was blowing a gale all week.

Picto
    Free Member

Second comments above. In early May it has felt like being in the lake district over the Puig Major. Cold, wet and windy, without the sheep.

mallorcadave
    Free Member

I live in Mallorca and ride all year round in shorts but will be carrying a jacket in my back pack till the end of this month at least. This year hasn’t been as cold as the last couple of years we’ve had no real snow on the mountains at all! I would of thought short sleeves and a windstopper would be more than adequate for april. Remember whats cold for us “locals” is likely to be a summers day to you :lol:. Give me a shout if you want to join us for a ride on my facebook page Mountain Biking in Mallorca or even for some on the spot weather reports!

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hey Dave, sorry to butt in. Do you know my mate Jamie? He’s a biker down your way. Also, we have two groups from Mallorca come to the Basque Country each year. I’m probably going I spell it wrong, the Mai Frens is one of the groups and another name I can’t remember, I guess you know them? Good guys. Man can they drink at lunchtime!

Good luck with getting everything going. I will visit one day and will give you a shout for a spot of guiding.

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Sorry I don’t think I know a Jamie but I might know him by sight especially if he works in the marine industry.Tell him to give me a shout,all ways looking for riders to hook up with, I’m based in Alaro by the way.
    Maifrens means never brakes in Catalan yeah they ride as hard as they drink apparently!

doug_basqueMTB.com

Jamie sells super yachts for a living. He is tall, good looking and loud! If you know him you would remember 🙂

That is it, they explained that a few times. Funny because it sounds like “my friends”! They definitely ride hard but they drink a lot harder 🙂

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Not Jamie Barnard by any chance?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Small!

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Tis indeed I used to work with Jamie many years ago when his dad was part of the Fairline dealership in Pollensa. I had no idea he was into bikes!

jamiebarnard
    Free Member

im jamie barnard but crap on a bike. always falling off it jamie small is a mate of mine though down here in Palma

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Hi mate how you doing? Not seen you for a while.

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Jamie Small rings a bell now i think of it, a friend of Alan(Rasher)?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I saw these outfits in Soller last Easter

mallorcadave
    Free Member

You’ll see them all over spain at Semana Santa(holy week). They are the Nazarenos not connected to the kkk in any way!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What clothing for Mallorca in early April?’ is closed to new replies.