Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 173 total)
  • What class are you?
  • dazzlingboy

Elite apparently – load of pi$h.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Elite, interesting, or not.

Must have been the jazz.

deviant
    Free Member

Came out as Technical Middle Class….which is bollocks.

You’re working class or you’re not.

….ask yourself if you have to get up in the morning?….if the answer is yes then you work for a living regardless of how wealthy you are.

….if however you can give up work and not descend into poverty then you may class yourself as something else.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simmy
    Free Member

Traditional working class for me.

Quite happy with that at least they didn’t class me as a pauper 😀

Sidney
    Free Member

Established Middle Class

Don’t know how, must be the contacts!

bol

Snugly and smugly established middle class.

On an individual level this sort of thing is an inaccurate and largely irrelevant load of pish.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

New Effluent Worker – always suspected my life was shit!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Established middle class

Mind you given the weekend’s front garden activities, it would sound about right!

SaxonRider

Elite: This is the most privileged class in Great Britain who have high levels of all three capitals. Their high amount of economic capital sets them apart from everyone else.

But then, I already knew that.

(Don’t think less of me. I can’t seem to get smilies on my iPad.)

ocrider

Established middle class, feeling more like precarious middlers tbh.

I reckon that membership of nearly any sports club with a good social scene would bump you up the scale, as it probably did in our case.

Drac

ask yourself if you have to get up in the morning?….if the answer is yes then you work for a living regardless of how wealthy you are.

Or you’re unemployed. 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

My point is the money you earn and hours you work doesn’t mean you work hard, doing a few extras hours a week when you have a cushy well paid job where compared to someone who is on minimum wage and works none stop isn’t going to be too bad.

I know what you were desperately trying to say Drac. You were a just bit quick in with the predictable undeserving wealthy/deserving poor line before you had read properly what had been written.

samuri
    Free Member

Established middle class. Seems to rely a lot on how much I earn and how many people I know. Which makes absolutely no sense at all.

How much you earn is about how much you earn, it’s not where you sit in a social structure.

Who you know depends on how friendly you are.

Neither of these things defines your class which is more about a state of mind and attitude.

Flaperon

Technical Middle here too. Hangin wiv the cool kids, innit?

Perfectly happy to stay here since moving further up the social ladder apparently involves making friends with CEOs, visiting stately homes, and listening to jazz. #WorstNightmare

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Elite, they are wrong.

mt
    Free Member

Elite! whippeeeeee. Went from Sport Class to Expert but never made it to elite. Does that mean I can win xc races by just turning up?

Apparently I went to public school and university, can’t remember any of that.

I’d call myself/us the privileged, very pleased to be where we are knowing who we do and be able ride, walk and run (that was nearly not the case).

grum
    Free Member

New affluent worker. Which is ironic, because I’m from a distinctly middle class upbringing. Meh.

This.

Interesting how many people here are in denial about how middle-class or even ‘elite’ they are, and are keen to see themselves as more working class.

_tom_
    Free Member

Emergent service workers

Apparently?

samuri
    Free Member

People only ever want to be working class or upper class, surely.
    I’ll admit to being middle class. White collar worker, good education, reasonable wage, Heinz baked beans. I eat fruit that doesn’t have chocolate around it.

I’d like to be seen as working class but only because I’m a northerner.

As I said previously, it’s about attitude more than anything else. When you go to the doctor and don’t get what you want what do you do?

Working class people will bitch about the educated people putting them down, my wife is working class because she does this and inherently distrusts them. Because I’m middle class I’ll debate with them and demand in a clear and concise manner that I am given what I want.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Neither of these things defines your class which is more about a state of mind and attitude.

This. Money has very little to do with it. I knew a scrap metal dealer who was a ‘gorger’ (a Traveller who lived in a house) he delivered our washing machine in the boot of his roller, he went to the races and the opera. common as muck, working class but loaded.

br
    Free Member

Elite here, and nothing to do with income either.

But irrelevent of our income over the last 20 years I’d say we are Middle Class, purely due to attitude, the way we live and what we enjoy.

thx1138
    Free Member

‘Elite’. 😯

That ‘test’ is a load of bollocks. Why does anyone need to know what class they are, other than to feel superior/inferior to others?

I’d like to be seen as working class but only because I’m a northerner.

Why? Because of the perceived ‘glamour’ associated with that notion, brought about through various mythical constructs created by those with a vested interest in categorising people within a society? Why allow yourself to be put in a box?

bencooper
    Free Member

Emergent Service Worker or Precariat if I answer some questions slightly differently.

Which is a load of bollocks. I’m not quite sure what they’re trying to do with these classifications, but if they want categories which are actually useful they need to ask more sensible questions…

mt
    Free Member

“grum – Member
    Interesting how many people here are in denial about how middle-class or even ‘elite’ they are, and are keen to see themselves as more working class.”

Not me matey I’m ecstatic to be elite. Know what you mean though. The survey was a bit rubbish and not nuanced enough.

ads678

What a load of shit! This is even less acurate than the BMI scale!

Do we really need MORE classes?

theotherjonv

Elite apparently – by virtue of having paid a lot into my pension which for some reason they think is ‘savings’

If i discounted that, and counted only stuff i really count as savings – technical middle class, like the rest of us.

bencooper
    Free Member

I think they’re trying to make “class” a bit more like the marketeers classifications – DINKs, ABC1, whatever.

footflaps

Elite, whatever that is….

Solo
    Free Member

What class are you?

I am a walking, talking, lesson in Stupids. Qualified and everything.

😀

[EDIT]
    Do we really need MORE classes
    Depends, what results did you get in your exams ?

gordimhor

I am another émergent service worker. Which seems to mean you are young (I am not), live in a former industrial city (I don’t) are financially insecure (yep) and like rock music and sport (yep)

ton

i am ashamed……….middle class.

Solo
    Free Member

like rock music

Ah, you lost me there.

mt
    Free Member

“theotherjonv – Member
    Elite apparently – by virtue of having paid a lot into my pension which for some reason they think is ‘savings’
    If i discounted that, and counted only stuff i really count as savings – technical middle class, like the rest of us.”

You have paid into a pension, that makes you Elite like it or not. Your posh so get you sneering lessons done. haw haw haw.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Affluent worker. I rarely work and I’m not particularly affluent but I did go to the theatre last October so….

somafunk

Precariat, suits me fine

Solo
    Free Member

I did go to the theatre last October

That makes you next inline to the throne, round my way.

igm

Elite apparently. But on the descriptions I identify more with the middle class groups. Though that may be the class denial thing people are talking about.

And for the lad who thinks £300k gets a four bed house with land in Yorkshire – maybe for a fixer-upper, not for an actual habitable house within commuting distance of any of the cities/large towns.

Solo
    Free Member

Precariat, suits me fine

You just made that word up.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s only a bit of fun!

So two candidates for MR Polly Toynbee identified already! 😉

Thx, I am glad that we agree about, why put yourself in a box? There seems to be an obsession about it (especially here). On a forum yesterday, one bloke was asking another (several times) to identify which professional, background, inside trouser leg box he was in!!! Strange, isn’t it? 😉

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘What class are you?’ is closed to new replies.