What cheap kit do you just love?

Home Forum Chat Forum What cheap kit do you just love?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • What cheap kit do you just love?
  • jruk

Another vote for Aldi tops – I ended up buying one of the skinny ‘pro’ jackets because the standard softshell is just so warm. It was so cold one night that my bite valve froze but the cheapo aldi top and a Helly Hansen t-shirt thing kept me plenty warm.

Just wish they’d make some 3/4 waterproof shorts.

FSA Orbit XL II headset – paid ~£20 and it’s ace. Has outlasted 3 XT bottom brackets and numerous Hope bearings. Great bit of kit.

On One / SSC CNC stem – light, cheapish and pretty.

Genuine Shimano finned pads – not cheap to buy but last ages and are brilliant so great vfm.

wordnumb

Dirt. I know there’s a lot to be said for riding on these manicured, carefully designed crushed stone trails and wooden balance beams but I prefer bog standard, cheaper than chips dirt. It’s what tyres were made for.

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Karrimor dry bags from sports direct. Dirt cheap, tons of different sizes and genuinely waterproof. I filled one up with bag of ice and beers one night when we were camping. Went to retrieve it the next morning and the ice had melted but all the melt water was still contained in the dry bag with no leakage.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘What cheap kit do you just love?’ is closed to new replies.