• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by ajaj.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What cheap hydro discs for commuter bike?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

£40 max
    Clark’s m2?
    Shimano offer any cheapies?

PJay
    Free Member

These are the cheapest Shimano brakes I can find – http://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-m395-hydraulic-disc-brakes-front-rear-set-67706.html

(not sure if it includes rotors).

antigee

the Clarks brakes are surprisingly good/excellent…got a set on my gym/shopper bike and would happily pay twice what I paid for them if had to buy another set

darksideby182

Oddly in for the same thing as someone tried to nick my Hayes stroker off the pub bike (got the clamp off one lever and it’s probably a good time get newer brakes). How are those Shimano M395?

shermer75
    Free Member

The answer to this is normally Clarks isn’t it? At £20 an end?

footflaps

I keep thinking about putting a disc brake on the front of my commuter, I’d probably swap out the standard bolts for security ones to make it harder to remove.

ceept

I, and a few friends have had nothing but bother from cheap shimano brakes. The seal on the transfer ports all seem to leak. Clark’s M2 callipers are one piece, so can’t have that problem & seem very well regarded.
    If I was buying again, it would be Clark’s.

iamanobody
    Free Member

So these Clark’s m2 where are they available and £20 an end?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Crc might still have them at that price, was where I got mine.

Clarkes >> Cheap Shimano

DrP

I just bought (and fitted) a set of Clarke’s… for £31 for the SET… including rotors and spare barbs etc!!!

Incredible bargain..and bring the cargo bike to a stop nicely!
    CRC…

DrP

ajaj
    Free Member

I’ve been happy with the Shimano M315 that came fitted to my commuter. £34 for both ends.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What cheap hydro discs for commuter bike?’ is closed to new replies.