• This topic has 30 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kd48.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • What (Cheap) Flats
  • doomanic

I’ve just ordered some 5-10 EPS shoes from the Adidas PSA and I’ll need some flatties.

Budget is sub-50 definitely, sub-30 preferably.

luke0912
    Free Member

Dmr v12’s great pedal for the money

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Burgtec composites, tremendous.

tom13
    Free Member

Superstar. Current offer on as well.

mattyfez

Nukeproof neutron plastic, or superstar nanos of you don’t mind the extra weight. Same axles I belive.

ceept

V12s off eBay for circa £25 last time I looked.
    Or planet x had some cheap v8 copies for £5. I got a couple of pairs so I didn’t have to swap pedals between bikes. They are good, but the pins wear fast, so not ideal for bikes you use a lot.

joebristol

We have done this very thread a few times recently – but the search function on this forum is terrible.

I’d go Superstar Nano Evo if they’re currently on offer.

strangey13
    Free Member

Nukeproof Horizons are a good shape too

submarined
    Free Member

Superstar Nano, lower profile and feel bigger platform than v12s, and bushings significantly less shit than v12s. That’s faint praise, but they’re great pedals.

Northwind

Horizon plastics- not super cheap but super good.

doomanic

I have the Horizon SPD pedals and a full set of spare parts so the Horizon flatties would be a good shout.

dhrider
    Free Member
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Horizon (nylon version) are great IME. I like a wide platform

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Horizon pros are good value at the min – https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/nukeproof-horizon-pro-flat-pedals-black-edition/rp-prod135210

That’s got to be the best choice at that price – much more durable than the plastic pedals.

JP

ogden
    Free Member

Burgtec composites, better than my superstar nanos and one up alloy pedals.

misteralz
    Free Member

V8 Classic, obvs

jedi

burgtec composite all day long

scotroutes

Neutrons

davros

I’d avoid the plastic horizon if you ride anywhere rocky as the outside pins are plastic and will disappear fairly quickly.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d go Superstar Nano Evo if they’re currently on offer.

£29.99 with code FRIDAY19

Easy decision if you want metal pedals, IMO. Really good pedalsd and they don’t often go that low now.

kiwijohn

+1 for Burgtec Composites.

VanHalen

are on one still doign teh superstar plastic flats for less than a tenner?

i have nukeproof electrons, and burgtec composites and i think i prefer teh electrons but hte burgtecs are still very good.

doomanic

I bought composite Nukeproof pedals last night and then got a £10 voucher from CRC this morning so I bought the ally ones as well. I’ll have to return the composite pedals when they arrive.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Those Superstar El Plastiques are still £9.99 at On One I believe.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Had various superstar pedals over the year, great shape and last really well… but that’s not my recommendation

Another vote for Burgtec composites, had a pair for six months, just feel great (I know, not very descriptive) and holding up really well

DezB
    Free Member

Superstars are proper grippy even with the short pins. But the Horizons on CRC are a good bet at the current price.

They have the Nukeproof Neutron EVO at £19.99 as well, they look the identical shape to Exotics/Carbon Cycles.

pothead
    Free Member

Burgtec composite

crashrash

Raceface Chester if you want to colour match your bike!

dusterbenny
    Free Member

+1 Burgtecs

doomanic

I tried Burgtecs a while ago and didn’t like them.

kd48

HT PA03A

Awesome, cheap, lots of colours and much better than Race Face Chester’s IMO, crap name though.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘What (Cheap) Flats’ is closed to new replies.