• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by lunge.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What cheap bike helmet?
  • jonba

And sunglasses. Also anyone got any make up tips as I’ve a black eye and start a new job tomorrow 🙁

Broke my Carnac helmet yesterday. They don’t do the model I had but I liked it and so was thinking of getting another. I’ve got a posh roadie helmet and an aero one. I tend to use a cheaper one for mountain bike and commuting.

Is there anything out there to rival the Planet X Carnac offerings? They punched above their weight for performance but seem to have gone up in price recently.

I wish more of the PX range fitted me, but at 62cm and an Alien head, very few do. The £40 Kronus TT does just about fit, thinking about the £30 Carnac XC Retroflective for commutes, could be handy for my 0600 starts in winter.

There’s a new full face arriving soon for £25, but sizing way too small for me.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-helmets/adult-bike-helmets/mongoose-urban-helmet-659908.html were a nice snug fit 3years back, nearly got one, could collect it this afternoon.

hooli

If it fits you, the on one enduro helmet is brilliant for £15 – it is brilliant for 3 times that. I have 2 and the kids all have one. We obviously have planet x shaped heads.

Premier Icon spacey
    Subscriber

I got one of the on-one “enduro” helmets when they were £10, doesn’t fit me. You can have it for price of postage if you want as it’s getting the way. email should be in profile if you’re interested.

trumpton

The bell ones in halfords are good.or just get a pissport from sports direct to ride you over.

Premier Icon andrewreay
    Subscriber

Declathon ones are OK.

Declathon helmets £18

DHB is great too, but ‘expensive’ compared to the Carnac and BTWIN ones.

DHB Crossover £40

Or just get a previous season one…

Met Crossover £28

Premier Icon ads678
    Subscriber

I can vouch for DHB helmets, I’ve got a road one and its really nice. Just replaced a Carnac one that I’ll carry on using for commuting (if I ever need to again) and that fit nicely as well.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

I like the Carnac helmets, got a few, they fit and they look OK too.
    For the price I think they’re very good value.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.