Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What cd ripping software/mp3 player…
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Since MS switched off the whatever in windows media player I have to manually enter track listing, etc., so **** that. Plus I’m pissed off with my Sony Walkman always reverting to mid volume (or worse, cutting volume at random because it decides it too loud for me despite the fact it’s choral SATB harmony Church Slavonic no way that can be damaging my cloth ears!).

So what cd ripping software. I been using iTunes on the MacBook but it’s only high Sierra and doesn’t have the latest version for a new iPod… which is what I’m thinking I’m going to replace the Sony with.

Anybody care to point me in the right direction?

CraigW
    Free Member
    spectabilis
    Free Member
    deadkenny
    Free Member

EAC on Windows. Rip to FLAC for perfect rip archive storage / streaming to decent kit. Then I use Foobar2000 to convert FLAC to MP3 to stream to phone as MP3 player. I keep the MP3s in OneDrive and stream from Cloud Player. FLACs on my NAS.

Or if you just want to go direct to MP3, EAC rip to MP3.

Volume levels, make sure volume equalisation settings are turned off on player if you don’t want it to mess with the volume.

metalheart
    Free Member

Thanks for that.

Any recommendations for a new MP3 player?

The Sony is annoying me (the random volume killing issues) the replacement doesn’t seem any improvement so looking at the Touch…

deadkenny
    Free Member

Phone?

Not used a dedicated MP3 player in years.

Del

if you have a regional settings feature on the player set it to rest of the world or north america or something. volume limits are an EU thing that sony seem to have taken to heart.

nicko74

Mediamonkey for software; it’s all in one ripping, tagging, library, playing etc.

MP3 player, cowon is my go-to. The UI is a little hicky, but the battery life and sound are excellent.

gwaelod
    Free Member

EAC for cd rips but FLAC is where it’s at these days rather than MP3. A few months ag I picked up a Fiio M6…cracking sound and will play Spotify/Tidal and TuneIn as well as holding shedloads of my own music on an SD card. Interface can be a bit unintuitive but sound is very nice. I found the Head-Fi forums useful but easy to get lost in them.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Another recommendation for EAC to rip CD to FLAC (or MP3). Has an add-on which automatically finds the album art too.

metalheart
    Free Member

Looks like EAC the thing to go for then. Thanks.

I’ll have a look see if there’s a world setting to rid the volume shit.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

I’ve always use DB Poweramp for ripping and converting formats, but I guess they all do the same thing…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What cd ripping software/mp3 player…’ is closed to new replies.