• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What Car?
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

O.K. It’s that time again where I look at what me old oil burning SAAB is costing and realise that PCP (Personal Contract Plan) is a good way forward. Thinking of an Astra or something similar with a budget of £180-£200 a month. Don’t laugh – when I added up the cost of the SAAB servicing and repairs including a (soon to be fitted) new clutch trust me £180-£200/month is a bargain! (esp with no headaches of WTF next!)

Any suggestions on good deals or vehicles welcome

cheers
    TS

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The answer always is Skoda Octavia 2.0l TDi on this forum so why bother asking?

djglover
    Free Member

The answer always is Skoda Octavia 2.0l TDi on this forum so why bother asking?

I just bought one of them 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Everyone has one (apart from me and my wholly inappropriate Audi TT) 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Visit Lingscars. She does surprisingly have some good lease deals on. A previous was a Civic Type R for £220 a month inc. servicepack – open to private & business users. get passed all the fuzzy ‘noise’ on her site and the offers can be good. Cant find what you want? Email her, shes nutty (I even called her that today from a mailer she sent me)

MoreCashThanDash

I was different – got the older 1.9Tdi Octavia…..

wwaswas

I got really badly burned on PCP.

my job changed and my mileage shot up which stuffed the final valuation and the excess mileage costs were through the roof 🙁

I’d go for a loan and buy the car outright if it were me, now.

hora
    Free Member

£200 @ month = Over 2grand a year. Even a 04 Octavia wouldnt depreciation that much (say <1k@yr). So you could own one and use the change to service/any consumables ontop for alot less than the cost of leasing a car. Plus you can scratch/mark it however you want. A lease car will have penalties at the end for damage….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I was the other way around – over-estimated the milage and handed it back with about 10k under (on a business lease). My business partner went over on his by a similar amount and had to pay the penalty.

🙁

Still – esay hassle-free motoring. I just pay the monthly fee and they service it, put tyres on, send me tax disks etc. I just insure and fuel it. Good for managing cash flow.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Shane you deserve nothing better than a Zastava with the strong smell of goat in the boot and an empty bottle of Mundies rolling around in the footwell.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Try a Golf MK V. 10 times better than an Astra. The MK VI has just launched but the VW dealers should still have a few of the old ones left in stock at silly prices and v good finance deals.

Got myself a brand new R32 with options for £290/month with GFV

hora – you are right, but the monthly cost is mainly the loan interest payments which you would have to pay if you bought the car outright (assuming you needed a loan)

hora
    Free Member

Capn’ Where did you get the deal? Bro in Law is looking to change. Are there any mileage penalties though (he does alot of miles commuting)

coolfurcats
    Free Member

The only car worth getting is the Sharan, Galaxie, Alambra or any other guise of this people carrier. Sticking in 3 DH bikes, me a couple of mates plus kit and or me. Or wife 3 kids, 5 snowboards, and gear is a cinch. One of the best most versatile cars ever. Had a couple of them and have not been dissapointed.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

130bhp TDCi Mondeo Estate

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

lot’s of late plate golfs around at main dealers all a good whack off book. we got a 55 plate 2.0 TDI GT with a three year warranty on HP for 3.5 years at just under £200PCM

aracer
    Free Member

Just for once hora talks sense. Yes it may be easy hassle free motoring, but it’s still considerably more expensive than buying a nearly new car.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

tankslapper – what do you need the car to do? How much and what do you need to carry? What will most of your miles be doing etc?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

hora, got it from VW main dealer in Edinburgh. Much better deal than my nearest dealer in Perth so shows it is worth running around a bit. Because they are selling off remaining MK V stock they are giving huge discounts on the car. The finance was VW PCP over 3 years – subsidised by VW to help shift metal. Only 12K miles per year though. They happily quote for higher mileage but of course would increase the monthly price because the GFV would be lower

mboy
    Free Member

hora, I’d just like to thank you, have now spent about 15 minutes so far perusing Ling’s website, and haven’t laughed so much in ages (how come I’ve never heard of her before, I watch Dragons Den!).

The fact she seems to offer some bloody good deals on Contract Hire cars is almost by the by!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What Car?’ is closed to new replies.