Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • What Car :-) Octavia Estate v BMW 320d estate
  • seven
    Free Member

ooh, an excuse to post pic of mine 🙂

Seems de rigueur to photo your car by a gate 🙂

Bad bits – The steering has very little feel,

have to agree with that, came from a 13 year old 323 coupe and really miss feeling where the wheels are pointed 🙂

Otherwise no complaints

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I’m currently running a 2013 330d x drive Touring having previously had a 2006 320d. I can only assume posters complaining about the ride quality in the 3 series have driven the pre 2013 models which I admit were a bit firm. That and it being a bit on the small side were my only complaints about the car. Now they’ve nailed the suspension tuning and its significantly bigger (same size as an old 5 series) I can’t fault it except for BMW gouging on the options.

CaptainSlow

Bad bits – The steering has very little feel,

have to agree with that, came from a 13 year old 323 coupe and really miss feeling where the wheels are pointed
    Otherwise no complaints

The servotronic or sports steering options sort that. Iirc servotronic is a £180 option.

seven
    Free Member

The servotronic or sports steering options sort that. Iirc servotronic is a £180 option.

thanks for info, wish I new that before 🙂

CaptainSlow

Ahh well, I’m sure you’ll but another at some point 😉

benp1

Do they have the open-rear-glass-only option so you can drop stuff into it and pile in shopping without it falling out?

Its a feature I love on my 5 series and would like to keep on any future cars (I have a 2004 5 series so its old now!)

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Yes the 3 series Touring has the “Waitrose window” as standard.

seven
    Free Member

Ahh well, I’m sure you’ll but another at some point

well probably, but last one lasted nearly 14 years and 160K miles, so may be a while 🙂

Kryton57

Great looking car Funkydunk.

As a man being forced to wait until Nursery ends in 2 years until I can get a new one, I hate this thread 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘What Car :-) Octavia Estate v BMW 320d estate’ is closed to new replies.