Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What car for bikes/dogs
  • rossburton
    Free Member

Our ‘dirty’ car for the dogs and bikes isn’t going to last a huge amount of time so I’m planning it’s replacement already. It’s a Honda Jazz, the dogs just fit in the boot and I can just squeeze four bike racks on the top. I’m wondering if there’s anything that isn’t a huge amount bigger/more expensive that can hold people and bikes inside.

Like, an older C4 Picasso or Berlingo. Can these take four people (two adults, two kids) and four bikes inside without too much hassle? Anything else that can? Or should I just stick with the roof racks (which I do like for keeping dirty bikes out of the car entirely).

DickBarton

You won’t get 4 bikes and 4 people in a Berlingo…3 and 3 is possible but not 4 and 4.
    Actually you might be able to if everything is disassembled – wheels and seat and bars turned side on, but it’ll be messy.

jn49
    Free Member

Bought an older Volvo V70 for similar duties. Loads of space and the comfiest of seats.

honourablegeorge

DickBarton

You won’t get 4 bikes and 4 people in a Berlingo

Have had four people, 4 bike bags plus their luggage in a Berlingo, they’re great things. Driver may have slightly smashed the rear window when closing the boot, but nothing a roll of clingfilm couldn’t fix.

mattbee

Berlingo will take 2 x large and one small 29er fs bikes fully assembled with seating for 3. I think you’d be able to do 4x bikes and 4x people if you didn’t mind taking wheels off etc…

doomanic

@mattbee have you got any pictures of that?

batman11
    Free Member

My best car to date for these duty’s was a Toyota Previa great bit of kit four bikes in and on it four grown ass fat  men and all there bags no issues what’s so ever (5 once) was actually broken hearted when it died😢

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What car for bikes/dogs’ is closed to new replies.