Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • What can you buy over the counter cheap, to use as bum butter?
  • Poopscoop

Chamois cream without the bike tax basically?

martinhutch

cheers_drive

Sudacreme, just don’t get it on your cat

dogbone

JoB
    Free Member

i’m always amazed that people recommend Sudocrem, it’s thick, sticky and as it’s water repellent it blocks pores rather then helping things breathe, it’s specifically designed to treat nappy rash rather than prevent any nasties down there

udder cream is a frequently suggested cheap alternative (only available over specific counters though)

martinhutch

tomd
    Free Member

Sudocrem is lanolin based.

Lanolin comes from sheep.

Avoid the consumer product tax and just rub yourself on a sheep’s oily secretions.

jkomo

Px stuff.

tillydog
    Free Member

Ovelle Aqueous Cream works for me on long rides.

pot o cream

About £3 / 500g tub from Sainsbury’s, etc. One tub last for yonks.

Sudocrem is good for healing sores, etc. if you let them develop.

slowoldman

Sudocrem is lanolin based.

4%. Hardly “lanolin based”. I use it if I’ve got a sore botty but I don’t think it’s “anti-friction” enough to use as a chamois cream.

MrSmith
    Free Member

take-away restaurants often leave tubs of old cooking oil in the street, if you get the right kind of take-away the oil will contain lamb/beef/chicken fats to improve the mix.
    1 can will last you a lifetime.

or do what normal people do and buy a tub/tube of chamois cream for a few quid.

bsims
    Free Member

Deb cleanser, just avoid the gritted scrub version.

E45 from the tub not tube

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Germolene with local anaesthetic works for me. If you get sore the anaesthetic stops you feeling it. Except you won’t know if youv’ve got a sore bum or not. 🙂

footflaps

I just use Sudacreme, seems to work fine.

duncancallum

E45 or if I know I’m gonna be arse crack deep in clag sudocrem

devonboy
    Free Member

Zerobase Emollient cream,buy the 500gm dispensing tubs,very cost effective and works well.

kayak23

Get thee to Waitrose!

This stuff is dope. I’ve used it for ages and it works really well.

johnnystorm
    martinhutch

That stuff looks good. Anyone else tempted by some of those other products? I want a gleaming coat!

BRINICOMBE Think Pink 309B

chakaping
    Free Member

I find a normal size tub of chamois cream lasts me about a year, using on bum & knees.

I tend to get Muc Off when it’s half price for £10, they’ll probably be dong it again for Black Friday.

Hardly worth mucking about with veterinary products to save a few quid, IMO. Sudocrem seems far too thick and sticky.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some years ago, a friend of a friend joined a group ride at Afan. As we all faffed in the car park while getting ready, he calmly pulled a bottle of Durex motion lotion out of his kit bag, squeezed a dollop on his hand and down the shorts it went.

He assured us it was better than any Assos or other arse lard.

He was also a massive bellend, but that’s beside the point.

Daffy

What can you buy over the counter cheap, to use as bum butter?

Erm, well, Bum butter. It’s pretty dammed cheap and it lasts ages. It’s not like it’s a modern tyre, where it costs £60 and is done inside of 3 months.

Pyro

I have nothing to add other than this marvellous occurrence in the topics list…

k1100t
    Free Member

+1 for the Waitrose baby stuff…

rOcKeTdOg

I find a normal size tub of chamois cream lasts me about a year, using on bum & knees

Knees? You have friction problems on your knees? How are you pedalling?

Rubber_Buccaneer

He assured us it was better than any Assos or other arse lard.

If you’ve just accidentally pulled a tube of sex lube out of your kit bag one option is to style it out I suppose.  Friend of a friend you say?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you’ve just accidentally pulled a tube of sex lube out of your kit bag one option is to style it out I suppose.

Hadn’t thought of it like that! 😁

Friend of a friend you say?

Yep. Turned out to be a dick, so wasn’t invited back! Nothing to do with his bottle of go faster juice, though!

greyspoke
    Free Member

For the Sudocrem fans – you can get non-medicated nappy cream which is basically Sudocrem without the anti-bacterial stuff. Allegedly you don’t want to completely disinfect your skin unless you have a sore which might get infected if you didn’t.

I think the whole point about it is is it oil-based and so continues to provide lubrication in the wet. Given that a wet nappy is not dissimilar to a wet chamois pad (from rain…) the use cases are quite similar.

triguy100
    Free Member

This was a life saver in Finale a few years ago, was thinking about importing it! 3 Euros a jar at the Finalborgo chemists…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Marbles are re-usable

chickenman

The deprived communities of the north of England will be following this thread with interest once they’ve voted Boris in and he goes in dry.

jimmy

I once went on a mate’s ride after a night up to no good with the missus. Forgot my bum cream but still had the sex lube so just rammed some of that down my shorts. Worked a treat, the others seem a bit put off by it but they were dicks so never rode with them again.

chakaping
    Free Member

Knees? You have friction problems on your knees? How are you pedalling?

Kneepad chafage prevention.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😁

slowoldman

So jimmy, you forgot your chammy cream but just happened to have your lube with you? Who were expecting to meet on your “mate’s ride”?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘What can you buy over the counter cheap, to use as bum butter?’ is closed to new replies.