Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • what can i put over my mouth and nose whilst riding? please help:)
  • alexstumpy11
    Free Member

hi guys,

got back from a 24 mile ride this morning – it was very cold!, and i had this aching in my chest which I have obviously got from breathing in to much cold air. i love early morning riding but this mde it quite uncomfortable to ride. has anyone got any idea what i can buy to prevent this from happening?

thanks alot

alex

Houns

A buff, though if wear glasses they will fog up

Jamie
    Free Member

Buff.

emsz
    Free Member

stay in bed.

warm, and cuddly and you get coffee and toast 😀

alexstumpy11
    Free Member

lol emsz:) & thanks alot guys! i have one on its way:)

Cougar

+1 for the Buff. Buffs rock.

mogrim

The thin tube-type scarves that most of the bike mags seem to give away at this time of year work well, too. Or a Buff.

Pook

buff/snood with fairy liquid on your glasses.

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

breakfast sorted at the same time.

Or you could try a snow mask

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not the world’s biggest fan of Buffs, but that’s what I’d suggest also – spent a month or so going out with one over my face when I had a bad throat last winter and it worked really well.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i like buffs but find they can get a bit wet when you are breathing hard and then that can get a bit cold if there is a bit of wind chill. they are ideal though for keeping a draft away from your neck or pulling up over the ears too.

when it is properly cold i have a gore windstopper balaklava and that is really good. i think they also do a version that just covers the mouth and nose

forge197
    Free Member

another vote for the Buff, my asthma is affected by cold air, and the buff has been good so far, if I don’t use the Buff then I have breathing issues 🙁

thorpie
    Free Member

Gore do a balaclava type thing with perforated holes where your mouth is and it covers most of your nose. Only downside is it looks a bit Hanibal Lector!

aracer
    Free Member

i like buffs but find they can get a bit wet when you are breathing hard

There is that – I tend to rotate when it gets too damp (until the whole thing is wet and grotty 😡 )

jools182
    Free Member

CountZero

Buff again. Taken to carrying one in my pocket all the time now; went for a walk around Avebury this afternoon,
    and it was colder than I’d expected, so the Buff came out of the pocket.
    Bliss! Lovely and snug round my neck in the wind.

Edukator
    Free Member

Just breathe harder and deeper.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘what can i put over my mouth and nose whilst riding? please help:)’ is closed to new replies.