Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • What can I put in my thermos flask ? Herbal tea etc
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Tea doesnt taste right, cant drink coffee all day, its my new thing taking a flask to work.

what do drink out of it ? what herbal teas taste good in one etc ?

Dont want soup !

thanks

stratobiker
    Free Member

Just hot water is good! Try it, after a while you’ll like it, and it’s good for you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hot Water, take your tea with you and make it as you go.

maccruiskeen

weak lemon drink
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1xjcyyuDM0[/video]

fasthaggis

If you put hot stuff in,it stays hot for ages .Then if you put cold stuff in it stays cold for ages. It’s like magic,how does it know what to do ? 😯

johnj2000
    Free Member

Take a schooch down the tea aisle and start experimenting. A brand such as Twinings has a boat load of teas and infusions so just take hot water and a different mix of bags each day. I am currently liking Keemun with a splash of milk and the double mint sensation as a caffeine free option.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Bovril. Thread closed.

TooTall
    Free Member

I tend to have black tea in a flask. Something about the milk in it makes it taste funny to me. Get used to your normal tea without milk in it.

legend
    Free Member

mulled wine?

maccruiskeen

I tend to have black tea in a flask. Something about the milk in it makes it taste funny to me. Get used to your normal tea without milk in it.

even if you do like milk in tea or coffee just don’t put it in the flask, add it when you drink it. Darjeeling’s a good tea for drinking black from a flask though.

If you’re used to milk its such a flavour suppressor it can be difficult to get used to things that actually taste of stuff. – “white tea”, not tea with milk in it, but tea made from the same tea bushes but dried and processed differently, and not as oxidised, is a good tea for people who normally drink milk. Nice with a mint leaf in there too (keep a bag of fresh mint in the freezer and drop a few leaves in the flask) Strictly speaking white tea is a black tea rather than a green tea, if you get my drift, but its more of a beige-ish yellow in the cup.

stevious

Hot Juice.

TiRed

It’s an acquired taste but very flask-friendly

wallop

Beena!

ElShalimo

Hot Vimto!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Chai or Lady grey works brilliantly in a thermos. I’m fishing tomorrow and will have 1 full of tomato soup and one lady grey.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I love this forum !

Some good pointers recommended

Cheers

johnj2000
    Free Member

And if you’re in the Hampshire region let me know as I have tea contacts and can get you anything.

bearnecessities

I have tea contacts and can get you anything.

Has that line ever got you laid? Please say it has!

Karl33to
    Free Member

+1 on the Ribena

CraigW
    Free Member

Rooibos tea (redbush).
    I think it tastes nicer in a flask than normal black tea. With or without milk.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

went for a decaff green tea in the end…almost satisfying !

stu1972
    Free Member

OXO and chilli flakes mmmmmm

johnj2000
    Free Member

Has that line ever got you laid? Please say it has!

You know what, I am going to give it a go tonight and see what happens. Will report back later.

Bazz

Last year when riding in the snow with an Italian mate of mine he produced a flask of raspberry and vanilla (i think, definitely raspberry and something) fruit tea with a shot of grappa in it, very nice indeed it was.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

lapsang tea (smokey bacon tea) mmmmmmm

bigh
    Free Member

Lemon and ginger with a spoonful of honey

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Fried tinned new potatoes and baked beans with chili flakes.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Hot Vimto with whisky or Rum

miketually
    Free Member

cant drink coffee all day

Sorry, what?!

lister

Clipper Green Tea with Lemon.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Problem with Clipper is that they use the unbleached tea bag material which has a taste. Ok if you don’t mind the taste but not great if you prefer your green tea to taste of green tea.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘What can I put in my thermos flask ? Herbal tea etc’ is closed to new replies.