Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What can I do to my gloves so I can control my ipod/phone
  • jekkyl

I got some new winter cycling gloves and took them out for test ride last nide, they’re very warm and I love them but I cannot adjust the volume on my ipod nano which I have strapped to the stem. A bit annoying that I have to stop and take the glove off to turn it up so what can I do to the forefinger and thumb of the glove to make it ipod/smart phone friendly? spray glue? wrap the finger in clingfilm? any ideas?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Lick it.

scotroutes

Use the end of your nose

jeffskowski
    Free Member

You could get a pair of headphones with the in line volume control buttons on?

jekkyl

I’ve just bought some new headphones!! 🙁

w1zard
    Free Member

I’ve tried lots of things, with varying success. One that works pretty well is the conductive thread you can get on Ebay. Sew a load of this into the finger of the glove (to get electrical contact between your finger and the screen) and it works well.

The capacitive stickers work well too, but wear away, especially in the wet. Tinfoil also works (nice and cheap), but ends up scratching your screen – be warned.

Alternatively you can buy gloves with ‘phone friendly’ fabric built in.

plyphon
    Free Member

My samsung phone has a “high sensitivity” option for the use with gloves, works flawlessly.

trail_rat
    Free Member

set it to a volume and leave it ? doesnt the nano have volume equalizing between tracks ?

jekkyl

Cheers Kimbers and wizard, I just needed the right words to search for on ebay et al.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cut the end off like a shooting glove.

mcnultycop

Enjoy the sounds of nature and your freehub.

Scapegoat

Chiba “Touch” gloves.

Milkie
    Free Member

Buy some Thermal paste and smear it into the end of the finger. Works for aages!

teasel
    Free Member

I have a pair with a flimsy-feeling membrane over the tip of the index finger. I can’t see it lasting too long, though, but it’s becoming more common on gloves from what I’m seeing in shops etc.

That’s what you’re after…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What can I do to my gloves so I can control my ipod/phone’ is closed to new replies.