Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • what camera system did you buy into?
  • Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I use Nikon SLR’s lens’s & Flash for taking “proper pictures”,but these days just for taking snaps I use a Lumix LX5 compact much more portable.

theyEye
    Free Member

Just bought into sony. Happy as a clam.

mudsux
    Free Member

Nikon d3100 and a Sony Nex3. Love’em for sheer quality and ease of use.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Sony, I’d been using Minolta XG since the seventies and M series bodies for years and started using Dynax bodies when they came along, had a pile of Dynax lenses, so when Sony bought out Minolta and Sony branded slr bodies came along, I started using them, perfectly happy with my choice and currently using an alpha 550.

I’ve got a small pile of medium and large format film cameras knocking around as well but never use them at all anymore.

duntstick
    Free Member

Nikon just because, but I’m sure I’d be happy with any modern dslr

PePPeR

I started with a Zenith EM, from my Father and then I ended up using an Olympus OM10 and an OM101, I then went off photography for years but a few years ago I started getting interested in it again.

I won a Canon bridge camera in a works competition which a few years later my wife lost and I ended up buying a Panasonic TZ5 as a compact camera, which then ended up with me getting an Olympus E500 and then my Father passed away 🙁

This ended up with me inheriting around 150 cameras from prewar to 2008.

From Leicas, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Rollei, Canon, Feds, Lomos, Mamiyas, and the list goes on and on!

I ended up with a lovely Panasonic, L1 which has an amazing lens, which in turn I’ve upgraded the body to an Olympus E3 with a load of yummy Zuiko lenses!

A few of my Fathers camera collection is here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclingpepper/sets/72157622598153448/

nmdbase
    Free Member

Canon 5D full frame and L lenses 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

Had a Canon SLR, moved to a Minolta bridge with digital (had a couple), then to Sony for DSLR and Olympus for MILF.

No particular reason to move from Canon other than Minolta had a more attractive offering at the price I wanted at t he time. Moved to Sony mostly because of in-body stabilisation (same reason I went for Olympus).

Cougar

Olympus for MILF.

Presumably that stands for something other than what I think it does, either that or you’re into some pretty niche photography?

molgrips
    Free Member

Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Format, at a guess. It’s normally MILC though I thought, but this may be an attempt at humour.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Format 🙂

It predates MILC, which is crap.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hey 5e did you see the pics of the new Pens posted recently?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I did. Luckily they’re not a big enough jump from the old ones to tempt me into upgrading. Look good though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m tempted. I just want to be able to make videos with my 8mm fisheye lens (which is still in America before anyone asks for pics).

5thElefant
    Free Member

I used my pen for a movie at Mayhem. Used the 17mm and some legacy lenses – 50mm f1.2 (used for most of it), 75mm f1.4 and 180mm f3.5.

It’s a struggle to do things properly at Mayhem but I’m pleased with my half-arsed efforts:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6lbllwN2H4[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Hehe, nice vid 🙂 I’d have edited out the wind noise tho.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘what camera system did you buy into?’ is closed to new replies.