Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What brakes?
  • scotabroad

looking for a set for general XC work on fsr elite. Im a heavyweight so they need to be fairly robust albiet I am a smooth rider and not overly agressive on them.

im also a tight git so possible to get front and rear bundle for sub£100?

plenty on the website for that but I am not up to speed on whats good and whats not so looking for advice please.

I do like the fit and forget reliability I have had from Shimano in the past.

jam-bo

SLX or XT if you’re feeling flush.

edward2000
    Free Member

Do you want a set of Avid XO trail brakes for £100? Pm me if so.

nickjb
    Free Member

Shimano all the way. Subtle differences from Deore to XT but they all work well

jimjam
    Free Member

Deore, SLX or XT.

tomd
    Free Member

Deore can be had for £100 inc. rotors. Brilliant value for money.

GreenK
    Free Member

If you’re not fussed about bling and weight Shimano BR-M447 from Rose Bikes – about £25is an end without rotors but you might be able to reuse what you have. They work well enough and I am a heavy lump!

N.B. These will come with the levers the wrong way around – one way up lever. It is not hard to change them over but you will need a Shimano bleed funnel thing to help and some mineral brake oil. Assuming you haven’t already got them.

Brakes Here

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I picked up some XT for £100. No rotors though.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Haven’t used any Shimano brakes other than my XT ones but I’m very happy with them. There’s not much difference between those and SLX, which come in just under £100 without rotors.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Shimano all the way, whatever you can get for your budget.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Shimano for sure.

scotabroad

kind of confirmed my fondness for Shimano, thanks peeps 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What brakes?’ is closed to new replies.