Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What bodge to patch a tubeless tyre?
  • Premier Icon iridebikes
    Free Member

I don’t want to wait till patches come through the post. Any ideas of a quick fix?

Premier Icon Yak

bit of innertube and impact adhesive.

*you may die though, but it worked for me in a similar situation. Still stuck on fine after a year.

Premier Icon cokie
    Free Member

My Chronicle 3.0” got a rip from some flint.
    I used a puncture repair kit- sandpaper to key the area and then stuck the batch on. Done! Never been an issue.

Premier Icon mildbore

I’ve used an inner tube patch inside the tyre many a time, haven’t died yet (though I know I will). Have heard you can use a bit of elastic band in place of a tyre worm but never tried it

Premier Icon raisinhat
    Free Member

I’ve used a tyre boot and a bit of epoxy on a sidewall split and it worked fine, same as putting an inner tube patch on the inside. I figure that even if the patch fails, the hole is small enough it won’t be catastrophic.

Premier Icon JackHammer

Just used a run of the mill puncture patch and glue like what you would use on a tube. Seems to be holding at the moment. Haven’t actually used that bike yet though, so it’ll probably end in tears.

Premier Icon chrisdeve
    Free Member

Use a normal patch superglued to the inside of the tyre. I’ve done that 5 or 6 times now and I haven’t had any of them fail yet and that’s with months of further riding. I wouldn’t bother buying any specific tubeless repair stuff.

Premier Icon kiwijohn

This bit of rubber band has been in there for 6 months.

Premier Icon chrishc777
    Free Member

Most of my tyres have normal puncture repair patches in them,one actually has 3! Oldest is about a year old and working fine. Just don’t sand the inside of the tyrw, clean with IPA instead

Premier Icon zero-cool
    Free Member

I’ve got a tyre on an old knockabout bike that I patched with duct tape during the 2007 Megavalanche and it still goes up tubeless.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What bodge to patch a tubeless tyre?’ is closed to new replies.