Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • What bmx did you have back in the day?
  • timmys

I never did discover what my BMX was. It was bought off a local guy who’s son had left it behind when he went off to join the army. All I cared about was that it had skyway mag wheels so was a cool as ****.

martinxyz
    Free Member

The gold burner is a super burner. With tuff wheel 2’s it’s a super tuff burner.

sillyoldman

Giant GMX 175
    Raleigh Tuff Burner
    Raleigh Aero Pro
    MRD Badlander
    Skyway TA
    Hutch Trickstar
    Haro Master
    Haro Sport
    Mongoose Hooligan
    Hoffman Condor
    Hoffman Taj
    Dragonfly DFX – unfortunately I’ve still got that.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I don’t remember the order, but owned loads. sold my last one at the age of 17 for £25 to go to the pub. it was worth £500!

Raleigh Burner, at least 3
    Mongoose
    Gt Frestyler
    Skyway TA x2
    Pk Ripper
    Redline x2
    Haro, a racy one
    Supergoose

Even got some lavender skyway Mag wheels imported from America. i must have looked ridiculous imitating paperboy on my full lavender blue freestyler. 😀

fadass
    Free Member

Great thread! I had a second hand Tange Exploder – red with yellow Skyway Tuff 2 wheels, i loved that bike! Frame snapped so I was bought a Huffy Pro Thunder chrome frame and swapped all the bits over and had it for years…..never went anywhere without my bike! My dad made me sell it when i was 17 to “get it out of the shed” as i was joining the army so i sold it to a mate who destroyed it …..

Don’t speak to my mate anymore – or my dad for that matter!

russ295
    Free Member

Raleigh aero-pro, swapped the frame/fork with a mate for a dp freestyler. Black skyway mags, sold it for £40. 🙁

gonzy
    Free Member

i had a Puch Inveder like the one below….except mine was bright yellow..

Del.
    Free Member

Patterson Pro imported from the ‘States. Really wish I hadnt sold it ;0(

superfli
    Free Member

I’d love to find some old photos of me on mine. Need to go round my old mans and go through them some time!
    I had a Silverfox like this:

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Tangerine coloured Puch Murray with black Skyway mags. Can’t remember the model but jeez how I loved that bike…

Raced for the first time at the old Southport BMX track when I was probably no more than about 8. Wearing a motorbike helmet which I was glad of the first time someone ran over my head!

johnny

Raleigh Ultra Burner. My first ever brand-new bike. I still remember going to Geoff Hall’s Toys in Coalville to buy it….

johnny

damn you, work web security! it was black with gold bits, you get the idea, burner owners…

klumpy
    Free Member

A Raleigh Super Burner, black and gold. Never really used it as a BMX, it was my combined school/paper round commuter and my mountain bike before I knew mountain bikes existed.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

1983 – Puch Murray. 2nd hand thing I bought off a mate. Coaster brake!
    1984 – Firebird Freestyler. In Chrome, not white. Saved hard from a paper round and built it up. Arayas (and then Skyways), GT bars, tioga one-piece crank, dia compe brakes, kashimax aero saddle… all in tasteful yellow and blue.

Happy days.

scruff
    Free Member

Team Murray with Lester mags
    DP Firebird
    DP Firebird Delta 2
    Robinson Pro kept just for racing.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Chrome Falcon Pro with yellow Skyways

80s

Moto One
    Supergoose II
    PK Ripper
    Skyway TA

90s

S&M Holmes
    Standard Bicycle Moto Cross
    Kastan Cruiser

handyandy
    Free Member

I had a raleigh night burner, which i ‘modified’. Had acorn freestylers (wheels) which were just cheap skyways, but looked cool. Bought a bmx last week, and feel like I am 15 again 🙂

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I had one of these, I guess it was the US Raleigh version of a Pro Burner at the time. My Dad pimped it out with a Suntour stem and 3 piece chainset plus a selection of chainrings so I could change gears dependent on the track; he even made me ‘train’ by riding up the local hill 10 times every day after school then spent his weekends driving me all over to race.

He was/is a proper good dad.

robidoo
    Free Member

AndyF1 wrote I had this untill a few years ago. I got an offer i couldnt refuse.
    Mk1 Raleigh Pro Burner.

Can I ask how much you let it go for?

iamroughrider
    Free Member

a black Kuwahara frame ( well the cheapo version of the E.T. edition) with red rims, crank, a red elina saddle with integrated post (no clamp), red AME grips, White Aero padset and graphite X flat pedals. Used to have some funky black and white gear cable covers too. Had a red SR stem and I loved it 🙂 Sold it to get an ATB. Wish I hadn’t. I put landing gear stickers on the forks and a JT racing sticker on my Full Facer 😀

Friends at the time had Aero Burners, Burners, a Saxon, DP firebird and one of my all time faves – Diamond Back Silver Streaks.

This is a great book for those who love bmx.

rad rides

andypaul99
    Free Member

[quoteI had a raleigh night burner, which i ‘modified’. Had acorn freestylers (wheels) which were just cheap skyways, but looked cool. Bought a bmx last week, and feel like I am 15 again [/quote]

Had pictures of the night burner on my bedroom wall (next to Sam fox :wink:) adored the colour scheme on that bike. Bert an original is worth a mint now…

supabkr
    Free Member

Raleigh Tuff Burner, blue frame with yellow Skyways.Then bought a Montesa chrome framed bmx and put best bits of Raleigh on to frame and gave swapped result to my sister. Bought MX levers, CW bars, lay back seat post and bear trap pedals(the ones that cut and dent shins if trick fails). Still swear by flat pedals on MTB.

sturmey
    Free Member

Capital Typhoon from Ellis Briggs snapped 3 piece crank on numerous occasions eventually told them I wanted a replacement cos riding to the bike shop every other week with your trainer tied to the pedal by its lace to have it repaired was not on. Then got a Peugeot something or other. Always hankered after a DP Firebird Freestyler and been looking for 1 recently. The other year a guy was walking an immaculate Skyway TA through the park with his missus when I started talking to him about it his misses’ eyes just rolled round the back of her head 😆

nim

I had a Raleigh Extra Burner which must have been 1984. Then did a morning paper round (£9 a week back then!) to save up for a Rickman Freestyler which I loved. Sadly it was stolen a couple of years later.
    Last year I bought a Haro Sport 2006 re-issue on ebay due to to nostalgia and the hope I would have have time to learn the tricks I used to do as kid. However sold it recently as only ever rode it once!

Crell
    Free Member

1982 I got a black and gold Ultra Burner.
    2 years later I got a chrome CW Pistol Pete. I loved that bike and my dad gave it away when I was at uni. They made so few of them finding one has prove difficult and there are a few fakes / wannabees out there.

_tom_
    Free Member

My “back in the day” isn’t the same as most of you but I used to ride a Federal Division like this, and it was awesome.

Still miss it a bit, wish I’d never sold it!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Skyway TA with white skyway tuffs 🙂 ….. one of only a handful of TA`s in the country at the time :)…
    Real CW bars, Suntour stem,Redline cranks….. awesome bikes
    No pics im afraid 🙁

pacerc200
    Free Member

Looking a bit sorry for its self but one day I’ll get some time to sort it out

proflexforever
    Free Member

I had a grifter……they were heavy as sin i could “Knightrider” them for about 40 metres…ahaha

tenfoot

Ultra Burner for me with Renthal bars and Aero 5 spoke mags.

Loved it but always felt like it was just a pseudo bmx. Really wanted a Harry Leary
    Turbo

bumps
    Free Member

Huffy Pro Thunder in yellow and blue – 1982. Heavy as a ba5tard. Desperately wanted a PK Ripper in black and gold with Skyway Tuffs or an ET Kuwahara.

giantx4
    Free Member

Awesome thread! ,,, i had a few bikes back in early 80’s,first was puch murray (sat on board ont left!)

Then kuwahara,curtis,rebel freestyler…. Its in the blood from birth till this very day..
    Live to ride…ride to live…;)

iamroughrider
    Free Member

that Curtis is amazing!!

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘What bmx did you have back in the day?’ is closed to new replies.