• This topic has 53 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • What bit me??
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

Horse fly bites – I swear the little beggars have teeth. I do seem to react to them, and end up with a hand-size hot swollen area (no, not that[/i] area) which then develops a lovely watery blister in the centre. And the itching of course…
    An ice pack helps – for a little while.

CountZero

Could have been a wasp, I had one catch under the pushed up sleeve of my riding shirt in France, bastard stung me repeatedly until I flicked the sleeve up and it flew off, and another stung me twice on my leg when I stopped right by a nest by the side of a track.

somafunk

Could have been a wasp

Apologies for going off topic but why are wasps so **** angry all the time?, why can’t they be more like their Bee brothers who are remarkably more chilled. For example i was clearing an overgrown section of trail t’day with a billhook then a rake/hoe over the surface but i appeared to have disturbed a bumblebee commune so i moved that trail section away from the bee’s area and went back to collect the bees i had disturbed, they were perfectly happy to climb onto my hand then i placed them on the large tree trunk i was trying to build a trail around – at one point i had 11 bees drinking Dr Pepper that i poured over the trunk and i imagined them to be my miniature army as whenever i moved my arm near to them they would all raise their front right leg and salute me in a mexican wave as i passed my hand along the trunk, to be perfectly honest this genuinely gave me the shit’s n’ giggles for quite some time and i entertained myself for a full 500ml thermos flask as i sat on the trunk with them to drink my brew and have a joint whilst occasionally proclaiming inane woodland laws as my minions to my left raised their arms in agreement to second the motion.

There is no way that wasps would entertain such an occasion – If you disturbed their nest they’d sting your eyes till you go blind and leave you sprinting round the forest till you finally knock yourself out running headfirst into a tree, then the angry little bastards would steal your phone, wallet and car keys.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Apologies for going off topic but why are wasps so **** angry all the time?,

And, re the baby robin…

funkmasterp

teasel
    Free Member

Jeez, CFH. Surely even you’re bored posting the same ol’ shit over and over and over…

teasel
    Free Member

However, this…

at one point i had 11 bees drinking Dr Pepper that i poured over the trunk and i imagined them to be my miniature army as whenever i moved my arm near to them they would all raise their front right leg and salute me in a mexican wave as i passed my hand along the trunk, to be perfectly honest this genuinely gave me the shit’s n’ giggles for quite some time and i entertained myself for a full 500ml thermos flask as i sat on the trunk with them to drink my brew and have a joint whilst occasionally proclaiming inane woodland laws as my minions to my left raised their arms in agreement to second the motion.

…is hilarious. Excellent tale!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teasel, please accept a full refund.

teasel
    Free Member

C’mon, man, be original. You know you can do it if you put your back into it.

All this regurgitated stuff is, well, just regurgitated and really isn’t all that funny.

The internet deserves better…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It really doesn’t!

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Agreed

dafoxster
    Free Member

There is something about Horse Flies this year! I was bitten once in my 38 years until this year. So far this year I have been bitten 4 times already. Once on the windpipe which was horrible.

Got bitten Saturday on my index finger and my hand was swollen the next morning! Bite was exactly as the OP described with two little bite marks.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve had a few horsefly bites this year, mostly while on a biking weekend on Long Mynd where there are also horses! They can easily bite through a cycling jersey or Lycra shorts.
    Mr Pea got 3 horsefly bites on his bum cheek!

DezB
    Free Member

See what time my last post was, there ^^ Itching kept me awake 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘What bit me??’ is closed to new replies.