Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • What bike/kit do you regret getting rid of…
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Was out for a ride yesterday and was thinking about “stuff”, and thought back to my old litespeed Pisgah, great bike, lasted 8 years, really regret selling that bike….so what do you regret getting rid of….

Dancake
    Free Member

all of it

kimbers

i sold my old bomber z3s to a mate about 10 years ago!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

My 1999 Rocky Mountain Instinct. Sold it to my brother who still has it, but I miss it.

trailhound
    Free Member

My 1st Pace RC200 and my last set of XT Thumbies!

clive
    Free Member

gt xizang , sold it for peanuts about 17 years ago 🙁

racefaceec90

my 2002 cannondale F800 in matt black (lefty fork).it was awesome 🙁

lhabitantdepointe
    Free Member

my prophet frame

andyruss
    Free Member

My carbon trance,full xtr groupset and gravity dropper,should of sold the lad instead 😥

Junkyard
    Free Member

a road bike, i shall save myself from further ridicule by leaving it there

martymac

my 653 terry dolan.
    had to sell it so i could replace my stolen mtb to get to work.
    gutted.

takisawa2

This…

IMG_5354 by pten2106, on Flickr

Will get another one day. 🙁

andycs

Santa Cruz Chameleon

kevolution
    Free Member

I had a totally original Raleigh Boxer given to me a few years back in mint condition. Even had original brake cables in full working order.
    My wife gave it to the rag and bone man one day when I was at work.
    I went ballistic when I got home. Showed her what they were selling for, then she had a go at me for not telling her how much it was worth.
    She doesn’t throw my stuff away any more.

honeybadgerx

Between a Spesh Tricross I got rid of last year (now realised they don’t really make a similar bike, grr!) and the Spesh Roubaix I sold on eBay last night, the buyer might have to prise it out of my hands!

Suggsey
    Free Member

My Kona Coiler with all the expensive upgrades, one comfortable skill compensator that made me ride faster with less fear of breaking bike parts or myself-sold to help pay for my daughters wedding 😥
    Still think now of what I could have made them do without so I still had it- 16 months and I will buy myself something bigger and even better 🙂

ElShalimo

95 GT Karakorum (sort of mushroom colour) with 50mm Zokes
    I loved that biked

MrOvershoot

This one

blooddonor
    Free Member

Blur 4x, best bike I ever had…………..proper mug for letting her go.

stu1972
    Free Member

This

Kuco

Cannondale DH Gemini
    Cannondale MX

Really regret getting rid of those two 😥

jonnyrockymountain

25 years ago in my teens a Raleigh aero pro burner BMX it was mint and I sold it for about £50 I bet it would be worth £1000 now Coss very rare
    Anyway we move on!!!!!!!! I said while i’am crying

Coyote
    Free Member

My Kona Stinky Six, 2001 vintage. Bloody loved that bike but my head was turned and I sold it to fund an ill-fated new build. Still kicking myself.

Poor photo, great bike.

Kato

4 pot XT disc brakes

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mostly due to moving to Oz

The front end of my 04 S-Works enduro – back end snapped and ended up skipping it

My Kinesis Phase frame would make a great town/pub bike

My DH bike old heavy but 8″ of travel

My spare bits box

_tom_
    Free Member

Langster. I do enjoy my geared CAAD8 but there was something awesome about the ss langster, it was fun.
    Federal Division bmx.

krixmeister

My Shimano M737 pedals (the original SPDs). Don’t know why – but I just loved those pedals. There were still working great when I gave them to a friend in 2002. Now, I go through a set of XT or XTR SPD pedals every couple of years…

My Ibis Trials Comp is sitting in a friend’s garage as well – may ask for that one back!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My coil Rockshox Revelations when I “overbiked” myself.

zokes
    Free Member

95 GT Karakorum (sort of mushroom colour) with 50mm Zokes

My username betrays my affection for those forks – I broke mine jumping off too many walls when I was a teenager that bounced, rather than an adult that breaks things when he hits the floor.They were attached to my much missed GT Outpost that I broke a few years later on Telegraph Valley whilst dislocating my shoulder…

I also surprisingly miss my Whyte 46. It was a pig in many situations, but when it just ‘clicked’, I don’t think I’ve enjoyed riding anything else as much. I still grin every time I think about the last time I did the Dyfi on it 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

My Shimano M737 pedals (the original SPDs).

Got a pair I inherited somehow right here… They’re in alright nick too! Haven’t been able to give them away! Yours for £5 to cover postage and me being arsed to walk to the post office, if you want them… 😉

4 pot XT disc brakes

Kept hold of mine for years too, but finally realised last year that after 10 years or so, other brakes had finally caught up, and the fact they were IS mount when everything has moved to post mount was doing my head in, so finally let them go. They were GREAT brakes though, no understatement, everything I tried for the best part of 8 years or so didn’t come close.

The front end of my 04 S-Works enduro

I had an 03 version of the same, and despite the fact the shock needed fixing twice (thankfully under warranty) I really miss that bike. It was even a really crap colour (unlike the stealthy black 04 versions), but it was the first truly capable full sus bike I’ve ever had that really could do a bit of everything, from a week of DHing in the Alps (with dual ply tyres on fat rims, a bashguard, and 203mm rotors) to XC/endurance racing (with much lighter wheels and tyres, carbon bars etc.). I replaced mine with a Santa Cruz Bullit, an 04 one with the 5th Element shock, because I had illusions of grandeur. The Bullit was good for a hooligan bike, but it was nowhere near as usable all round. Then sold the Bullit to get a dedicated DH bike, as the Bullit was neither stiff or long/stable enough for DH, or light enough for XC use. Bad move… Used that about 4 times in 2 years so sold it!

Kinda regret getting rid of my JMC replica M2 Team Edition S-Works hardtail with Carbon Judy’s too, but to be fair, when I got rid in 2002, things had moved on so much already (disc brakes, clearance for “proper” tyres etc.) I’d already stopped riding it quite so much, so it would only be a nostalgia thing.

There’s one bike I sold I regret never having given it some proper abuse though. Bought a Giant Reign X 2nd hand 3 years or so ago, primarily as an “Alps bike” as I planned to go again. Total inconsistency in my work situation has meant I’ve been too skint to leave the country ever since I got it, so I never got to realise its true potential. Sad really, cos the few times I got it on some gnarly terrain in the UK, it really shone, and it was bearable to get back up the hills too.

Oh, and I regret never having bought a Cannondale Prophet. Why? Cos when they brought it out, I already had another full suspension bike that suited at the time. Then they got pretty expensive for a couple of years, and I wasn’t riding much, then I started riding again and got another full sus bike just as they then dropped the price massively, making the Prophet the bargain of the decade but I already had another bike that did the job probably just as well, and then they stopped making them! Shame… Cos I’ve had a go on a couple, and they’re incredible to ride!

krixmeister

mBoy – YGM! Ta!

airbus387
    Free Member

I would have to say my F800 canondale with the lefty fork in a shade of light mint green.Think the model year would be about 2001/2002 it was a fantastic bike.I miss that bike so much now 😥 I can still remember the price i paid £1500 from dales cycles in glasgow and i wish i still had it

trail_rat
    Free Member

My 98 heckler – sold to fund a kona jake for 6 months touring !

trail_rat
    Free Member

My 98 heckler – sold to fund a kona jake for 6 months touring !

incognito
    Free Member

my fox vanillas. I still haven’t gotten round to buying some more.

lindsay73
    Free Member

I regret selling my 1998 Kona Muni Mula. 7005 tubing. Marzocchi bomber Z4 forks. Great bike.

Mounty_73

I regret selling my 1998 Kona Lavadome and my 2007 Scott road bike….

PaulBecks
    Free Member

Early 90’s singlespeed cindercone with drops. I built it as a commuter but i went everywhere on it.

Everything just seemed to click on that bike… sniff (turns the gas on..)

DaveRambo

What is this getting rid of bikes/kit ?

I haven’t bought that many bikes (5) but have never got rid of anything that didn’t break or wear out.

I’m not sure I could get rid of any, they aren’t worth much, I have the space, just, and I don’t need the money

seanoc
    Free Member

Specialized big hit with the 24″ rear wheel……led to a rather expensive journey into Intense and Orange DH bikes. I don’t think the more expensive bikes were any faster.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What bike/kit do you regret getting rid of…’ is closed to new replies.