Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • what bike would you like to see made
  • fathomer

An alu Santa Cruz TR, the carbon one is to much for my pocket! I’m hoping the new Cotic will be something along these lines.

solarider
    Free Member

The original Klein attitude with press fit bb, press fit headset etc. Not the dumbed down Trek version, but the original.

That bike was way ahead of its time and would still kick ass today.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Someone really needs to place a Rohloff in the BB shell and attach the cranks to it, I don’t get why its not been done.

They did, its called the Nicolai Nucleon.

nickc

Carbon Chameleon.

Or a not ugly 140mm capable 26″ lightweight LT carbon hardtail*

Thanks.

* sorry Brant, I’ve tried to like it, honestly I have, but I can’t, as it’s ugly, sorry.

juan
    Free Member

A 65 BHP 177 kg fully loaded 4stroke monocylinder. Like a SRX 600, but with more juice and a stiffer frame 😀

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I’d like an AM bike with 140/150 mm travel front and back with lock out suspension on the handlebar. The Scott Spark is close but needed more travel. Guess I’ll have to buy a tallboy and fit lockout to the shocks. Unless anybody has better idea?

Edit: it’s needs to climb!

muddyfunster
    Free Member

ti_pin_man

I’d like an AM bike with 140/150 mm travel front and back with lock out suspension on the handlebar. The Scott Spark is close but needed more travel. Guess I’ll have to buy a tallboy and fit lockout to the shocks. Unless anybody has better idea?

Edit: it’s needs to climb!

Zesty 515 E:I

crazy-legs

A titanium version of my 1st generation Specialized Langster:

Straight blade carbon fork and hydraulic disc brakes. Tiny little discs with full internal hose routing and an internal hydraulic reservoir – inside the stem or something.

Also no rack mounts, only one set of bottle boss bolts, no cable stops. Super clean lines, all in raw Ti with black carbon forks. Yum.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Belt drive Alfine, properly sealed, with close ratios for winter road training.

bigblackshed

A Cotic Soul or 26er Simple in 21″, please. A 19″ is just not large enough.

paul4stones

Monsterpetamine +1

singlespeedstu

I’d love to see a carbon fatbike and more importantly carbon tubeless compatible rims for it.
    Low 20 ish lbs with a 1×10 drivetrain at that weight would be freaking awsum.

tazzymtb

like this one stu?

medium frame 3.5 lbs!

singlespeedstu

Sorry forgot to say that i’d like it for less than a grand and without an on one sticker on it. 😆

Tazzy fail by way of no carbon rims. 😛

Even fatbike frames have no reason to weigh much.

It’s all about getting the wheel weight down.

ianv
    Free Member

Decent fs, 20 and 24 inch with decent geometry, light but strong 120 ish (air) suspension.
    Sort of mini heckler sort of thing.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

bencooper – Member
    Plus fat bottom brackets are ugly.

Next thing I’m building (well, next after this road frame) is a Hetchins. A 29er MTB Hetchins.

I’d love to see that!
    A friend of mine has just finished restoring his Hetchins-work of art.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Zesty 515 would need fork lock out to match!

fizzicist
    Free Member

Carbon Soul in 18″

Polished 953 Solaris (I know they made one and it was a bit flexy but just looked stunning)

Always felt that the Yeti ASR-C and ASR-C5 were as close to perfection as it was possible to get.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

ti_pin_man

Zesty 515 would need fork lock out to match!

Climb setting on a CTD fork should be fine for all but the heaviest and most ungainly pedal mashers.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

A full suspension cyclocross bike that can take 2.1 inch tyres. Is there such a thing? Or even a front suspension cross bike that can take larger tyres?

singlespeedstu

A full suspension cyclocross bike that can take 2.1 inch tyres

That’s called a xc race bike.

There’s loads of them about.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

But I want drop bars!

My race bike is a Whippet.

singlespeedstu

But I want drop bars!

Not very difficult to fit a dropbar to an MTB is it …

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Not very difficult to fit a dropbar to an MTB is it …

No, but heard having disc brakes with STI levers is from my LBS mechanic?

colournoise

Proper (IMHO) UK AM bike. Progressive 100-125mm out back, 150mm up front. Soul/BFe/Rocket geometry with an all-up weight around 28lbs with a toughish build.

wheelie

Small size Solaris /Soul 650b for 5’4″ people!

davidj

Yeti ASR-carbon 29er with integrated seatpost
    Santa Cruz TRC with a pretty paint job (same can be said for the Tallboy)
    Speedvagen 29er hardtail
    Yeti ARC-x with disc brakes
    100mm Cotic marathon bike

Bez

A stiff road/CX frameset with disc mounts and a 62cm seat tube, 71deg seat angle, 61cm top tube and 74deg head angle. Stick a Headshok in it for bonus marks.

hora
    Free Member

On Ones Burt didn’t make the c456. He was flogging Ragleys on here at the time

jamiesilo
    Free Member

a 24″ wheeled steel frame town hack bike, ie geo not like a jump bike. built as heavy as a Soul or similar; can easy take steps but not for dirt jumps/jumps parks. 3-5 gears light and simple, disc brakes and rigid forks. rag it around town, walk it staight onto the train and takes v. little room. handy. and fun

also +1 for the ragley full sussers!

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘what bike would you like to see made’ is closed to new replies.