Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What bike rack did I see?
  • zippykona

A3 about 7.15 near Tolworth if it’s anyone on here.

4×4 with a double bike rack mounted vertically so that the lights and number plates were still visible. I don’t think it was tow bar mounted.

A perfect solution if you ask me.

akira

Saris gran Fondo maybe?

csb

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mont-Blanc-CM06-Mount-Carrier/dp/B001B76SFM

Ive got this one and it’s basic but solid. Or do you mean tbe bikes were held vertically?

garage-dweller

My money would be on Gran Fondo as well.

First saw one on a Dutch car a few years back and had a wtf moment but actually seems quite a clever solution.

oikeith

Was it a Scorpion Rack? I have one and prefer it to my Thule rack, takes two bikes, easy to mount and load, keeps the wheels out of the bushes, although does mean bug splatter on the front wheel in the summer!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Gran fondo doesn’t remove the need for a lighting board though, you have to be able to see all the lights from within a certain angle, not just the ones on one side.

jam-bo
    zippykona

Reckon it was a Gran Fondo.

Does anyone know if they easily  collapse for storage?

Frankers
    Free Member

That Scorpion rack looks well designed, do you need to strap a reg plate to the bike?

oikeith

do you need to strap a reg plate to the bike?

I have used mine for a year and have not…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Legally yes, the police do occasionally have a go at pulling people without lighting boards on busy bank holidays, but I’d say the bigger issue would be insurance if someone went into the back of you.

When you can get decent racks that have plates and lights mounted on them already, what’s the point?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What bike rack did I see?’ is closed to new replies.