Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What bike packing tent?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Evening all,
    Once again I’m here looking for advice! This time is for a 2 person tent suitable for bike packing. One which can pack up small enough to fit somewhere on the bike without too much difficulty. And hopefully not too heavy.
    Anything decent for around the 200 quid mark?
    Cheers!

kayak23

Happy with my Naturehike cloud up.
    Nicely made and packs up real small.
    Pack the poles separately to spread it out.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep Naturehike seem to be one of the best value brands right now, they get good reviews

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    funkybaj
    Free Member

I’ve a Naturehike too. There’s smaller and lighter but it’s decent for the price. I always pack the various pieces separately as mentioned above too.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Thanks guys, very much appreciated!

mrpaul
    Free Member

Mines the one person but I also have a Naturehike CloudUp and can’t fault it for the price.

tjagain

I have a trekkertent drift custom – its a huge 2 person tent designed to be used with trekking poles but I got CF ones for cycling. very small and light packed up but twice your budget

anagallis_arvensis

I have a lanshan tipi tent was about £120 I think. Again designed to use a trekking pole but I had a carbon one made. Goes up outer only too which is useful if you want to go light. Needs seem sealing before use

intheborders
    Free Member

I bought a one-man Vango Helium earlier this year after my much loved Phoenix failed.

I went ‘mid-pack’ on price aiming for internal height/length (I’m 6’2″), ease of erection (and must be outer first), compact when packed and 3 season.

Happy with it, especially that you can pack/erect it in one go with groundsheet/inner/outer all connected.

Only ‘issue’ is that getting it taught is a bit of an art, takes practice.

I originally was looking at tents based on their weight, but TBH I’ve found with bike-packing the bigger ‘issue’ is really packed size.

They do it as a two-man too.

BadlyWiredDog

The Alpkit Ordos 2 is currently £199.99 in their Black Friday promo, the Aeronaut, which is the one with the inflatable beam is a tenner less. I have mates with the Ordos who are very happy with it. I suspect the Aeronaut is more stuffable – no poles – but weighs a quoted 100g less. No idea how well it works otherwise though I’ve used the Vango F10 super lightweight thing, which is very light, very packable, very expensive but a bit fragile feeling, though that’s down to the lightweight materials rather than the format.

damascus
    Free Member

I’ve just taken a punt on a Lanshan 1 (not the pro version) so it’s double skinned. It’s saved me 500g on my 4 season 1 man tent.

Seems well built, very light. Bought a lightweight carbon trekking pole 120cm that weighs 100g and folds 4 times so is only 30cm long when folded.

Tent and pole fits between standard road bars.

I’m 6ft3 so needed a long tent and there wasn’t a lot of choice. This is 230cm internal and 110 wide.

£140 delivered with footprint. I think it weighs 1.1kg with everything. The double skin version comes seem sealed unlike the pro and you have the choice of inner tent, summer mesh or winter with less mesh. So if you rip it, there’s plenty of spares.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203974355496?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=uyZFy4DlT02&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=XQz0tf3FQJC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

10 day postage for me.

2 Person version

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203931258004?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=uyZFy4DlT02&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=XQz0tf3FQJC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I think this is the pole

US $12.80 36%OFF | 115G 126G Ultralight Carbon Fiber Hiking Trekking Poles 5-Sections Ultralight Portable Travel Climing Hiking Sticks
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0UG9mC

ricko1984
    Free Member

Generally can’t fault the Alpkit Ordos 2 I’ve got

avdave2

I’ve got the Lanshan 1 plus with the winter inner which is actually lighter than the summer one. I also use a carbon pole. Got everything on AliExpress and it’s good and the 2 person one gets good reviews

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.