Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What bike for my 2 ladies?
  • Kryton57

Looking for a decent hybrid for Mrs k (30 something) which can carry a seat for little Miss k (9 months). Her budget is £200 but I’m happy to add for something decent. It’s literally for urban riding / bridle paths.

cinnamon_girl

Don’t be a cheapskate! Get something decent so it’s not a one ride wonder. 😉

rickt
    Free Member

Take a look at decathlon , I have just purchased the mrs a bike from there. Decent enough spec for the price with aluminium frame and Hayes mechanical brakes, it’s their own brand, a mtb B’twin Rockrider 5.3 (it is what it is kind of thing)

They also had hybrids, but I have not looked at them in any detail.

I have had a quick loop on it and it does feel ok and rides smooth considering. (Main use is canal and cycle paths, )

it’s worth taking a look, you will find you may get the most for your money,

munrobiker
    Free Member

Giant are best for this- they do a range called Escape and the second from bottom in the range is always fantastic (the bottom ones are noticeably heavier but also great). My wife and mum both have them. You may have to get a men’s frame (in whatever you choose) to fit a baby seat, though you may just squeeze one onto a medium or above size frame with a dropped top tube.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Have a look at Trek – their cheap bikes are pretty good.

Kryton57

Hmmm. I like those Giants – she’s a Small though. Why can’t you attach a seat to them?

robdob
    Free Member

Specialized Vita – my wife has one and she loves it. There’s a few on eBay at the moment. Won’t need to change anything on it to make it comfortable.

Kryton57

Ooh, looks good

munrobiker
    Free Member

Most ladies’ bikes with drop top tubes don’t have enough room on the seat tube for the box that people like Hamax use to mount child seats.

Kryton57

Ah – she wants a a non drop tube bike so that OK. The Spec and the Giant I’m looking at conform ok so far…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

We bought a base model Specialized Myka hardtail for about £250 new. Seems quite good for the money.

Bunnyhop

2nd Decathlon here.

Or go down the second hand route.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What bike for my 2 ladies?’ is closed to new replies.