Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • What bike are you saving for and why?
  • edhornby

I am considering getting a cargo bike on BTW for commuting with shopping and ferrying 2 children to nursery/school

I am also slowly slowly amassing a new mountain bike that I will build myself, each time I need repair components for the commuter fixed gear or current dirty bike I buy one extra bit, until all i need is the frame and wheels and then I go public 🙂

wors

I want to try big wheels (proper big wheels not the pretend ones) so a lightish 29er,

Donk, there is a very nice, slightly second hand FF29 in MK Cycles, it’s lovely, and light. for a grand.

lowey

Bronson. Because ? well… just because.

Just waiting to ride one before I press the button.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not saving for a bike, Just upgrades to my current one now. I’m down to just the one mtb as I’d rather have one nice bike than two average bikes constantly on the verge of breaking down!

same for my road bike. Needs new wheels asap.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve assured my wife that there won’t be any new bikes for a long, long, long time.

(unless they’re hers)

while that might even be true, i can’t help but notice the new Cotic Escapade.

but i suppose i should really be saving for the bike that only exists in my head, and just needs a small amount of CAD’ing, and welding…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Saving £30 for a banger ride we’re doing next month, £30 to buy a new bike (plus extra allowed for any safety upgrades, such as brake pads!). There’s loads on the go but not quite the perfect bike just yet. 🙂

bobster
    Free Member

Tripster ATR soon…

Poss Kinesis Sync in small/650b to follow next year

frood
    Free Member

Waiting for the Codeine. I don’t care what other people think, I like the way wagon wheels ride, and want to have a mid travel full susser back in my quiver, preferably something gravity oriented. I have lightness and climbing prowess in other bikes

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Travers Angus 29er+ with Rohloff and Gates Belt drive.
    4 weeks and counting

Cos I want it!

D0NK

Donk, there is a very nice, slightly second hand FF29 in MK Cycles, it’s lovely, and light. for a grand.

yeah I’ve seen it, unfortunately (or not) i only need frame and forks, I have a load of (good) gear ready to go on so I’d be ditching most of the kit, might see if they’ll split it.

vinnyeh

May delivery. Apparently.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just found out my new Dolan etape frame arrives tomorrow so happy now 🙂

As for MTB’s ive no need or desire for an upgrade. My old Mount Vision is still going strong after 10yrs (albeit with some major ‘triggers broom’ replacements) and my Wolf Ridge is just perfect enough as it is 🙂

fathomer

Done saving, just need to decide on a new road bike. At the minute it’s between a Giant Defy Composite 1 and a Planet X RT58, need to get some test rides.

Mountain bikes are about perfect.

honourablegeorge

I’d quite like a Singular Peregrine frame to replace my Roadrat (which I never get to ride). Although I’d never get to ride that either.

Would like a Specialized Fatboy, for absolutely no good reason.

Would love a Nicolai Ion 20, ‘cos I like the 16 so much.

Would love to try a Solaris, but don;t want to give up the Soul.

So, with all that in mind, my next bike will probably be a second hand BMX.

chiefgrooveguru

I’m done! I have a full-sus which is far better than me, a really nice hardtail, another hardtail for child carrying duties, a cheap BMX and a Brompton for road commutes. 🙂

StefMcDef
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

I fancy a Kinesis Tripster ATR.

Having just looked that up, so do I!

I, too, would love one of those. But I am weak, and I caved in at the “saved up enough to buy a second-hand Cotic X” stage.

My next object of lust/curiosity is a Surly Krampus.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Was saving my up for a bmx but have just blown £31 on one on eBay 2nd hand

boxfish
    Free Member

Chris King Mango/ENVE AM wheelset…cos I’m daft.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Ibis Mojo HDR for me. About 2 years off right now I reckon.

Missus is saving up for a Canyon Ultimate CF SL for me in return for her engagement ring. I think I will get in time for next Spring. By then we should have settled into our home, figured out some local roadie loops and I should have had some more MTBing under my belt. Well, enough to feel confident on some of the bigger stuff anyway.

I’m such a lucky boy.

sundaytrucker
    Free Member

I am saving for a Cotic Solaris. Not sure why I want one, but I do.

My fitness needs upgrading before my current bike but the Solaris is tugging at my wallet!

mrfowler
    Free Member

Another YT Industries Capra wanter (need) or if by the time I can buy it, it turns out they are rubbish, a Mojo.

ratherbeintobago

El Mariachi, which I need to pull my finger out and order. Planning SLX/X-fusion build (this week).

philfive
    Free Member

Banshee rune, should be here next week.

bigh
    Free Member

Think I will save up for one of these, i like things slack

Ebay link

toby1

I’m not sure if I am, as I have enough in the bank but haven’t ordered one. I do desire a Surly Straggler at the moment though.

chilled76
    Free Member

Fireblade (954 version)… why…. my CBR600 doesn’t have enough grunt anymore.

tang
    Free Member

I am working for/at cycling events in my spare time(bespoked/mayhem/other project). This year they will pay for a UK custom 953 29r ht. I have had the offer of a Santa Cruz tallboy c at a great price but the time is ripe for my first custom frame.

matt_outandabout

/WTD appeal
    15/16″ HT with air forks and discs. Bargain cheap. Looked after condition. Two of them.
    Next step up for eldest and middle OAB’s.

/WTD appeal ends

Onzadog
    Free Member

The saving is just about done for a new road bike. Trouble is, I don’t know which one I want. If I was looking for a mountain bike, it would be job done but road bikes seem to be a different kettle of fish.

cb

Focus SAM 1.0, them being sold out gives me another year to save (I’ll need many years…)

scaredypants

“need” a groupset or at least gears for the foil frame I bought last year – it’s for electronic gears only, so that’s quite a lot of saving. (currently riding it 1×10 with a biggish cassette and full length outer)

MTBs all present and correct. Nothing needed or really even wanted

robbonzo
    Free Member

Cotic Solaris for me, on its way next week. Can’t wait.

DandyMole
    Free Member

Surly Instigator – deposit paid, due in May

Candodavid
    Free Member

Well, I have a custom MTB, and Brian Curtis has said he will make me a custom road or cross frame, but, I also started making enquiries on a Demon road frame a while ago and that scratch is starting to itch again….hmmmm

oxym0r0n

Hmm – Curtis road frame with discs sounds like a good idea 😀 cando – you’ll have to let me sit on yours first before you get to ride it 😉

hummerlicious
    Free Member

*Tingles*

I’ve almost saved enough, Tripster ATR coming here soon too……

DSC02576 by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Can’t wait……

rhysgtall
    Free Member

Trek Stache 7, getting back to the hardtail simplicity. 29er, not too racey though, and cheap enough to throw some different bits at, try some different set ups etc.

colin9

I’m after a nice used 26″ wheeled jump bike for about £200. Doesn’t sound much but I don’t know how much I’ll use it and I don’t want to spend more than that for it to sit in the garage. Jump bikes are always better after a few beatings anyway right?!

stewartc
    Free Member

Well, just bought a Mach6 a couple of weeks ago, good luck with your saving as you will need plenty of it!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘What bike are you saving for and why?’ is closed to new replies.