Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • what bike ?
  • ktmblag
    Free Member

Having never owned a full sus is it time for me too take the plunge. I’m looking for this best bike to do 100 mile epics and my budget is 3k..what do you guys and gals suggest

matther01
    Free Member

For 100 mile epic…I’d need a motorbike!

ktmblag
    Free Member

Me too at the minute

shortcut

I would suggest a Giant Anthem 29er.

Other bikes are available but the seem to get good reviews and people seem to like them.

maurizio
    Free Member

Same old: give a couple a go! Most have excellent reviews (a quick google comes in handy). Just be proud of the bike you choose, whether from ‘everyone elses recommendation’ or trying one out at a centre and buying on the spot!

For 100 mile epics – unless your planning crazy stuff – go with a single pivot or DW design. Less moving parts/bearings! & (generally) stiffer to pedal up.

ktmblag
    Free Member

Been looking at the anthem

ollywebb
    Free Member

Dude I bought a Zesty 314 in 2010, I’ve done everything from pretty hectic downhills to 24 hour pairs at bontrager 24-12 to 3 day epic bike packing rides – its done them all without fuss and just keeps coming back for more.

The longest I’ve ridden on her in one day is 90 miles but it was my legs which gave way long before I even started to get uncomfortable on the bike.

Couldn’t recommend it highly enough – plus with £3k burning a hole in your pocket you could get the 514, not everyone’s colour choice but some really nice kit on it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘what bike ?’ is closed to new replies.