Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What big-drop non-remote dropper?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Morning folks

I have a Scott Voltage that I ride 9 miles across Cannock Chase to Stile Cop and back. Its a big old tank with a very low top tube but if I use a 420 mm seatpost I can ride it cross-country without too much difficulty. When I get to Stile Cop, the 420 mm post is too long to slam the saddle so I swap it for a 220 mm road post. When I’m done I swap posts and ride it back home again.

It would be great to get to the hill and not have to swap posts. Is there such a thing as a 31.6 x 420 mm dropper seatpost that drops 200 mm?

No need for a remote it would only be used a couple of times per ride. Cheers

jam-bo

I used to have a seatpost on my commencal that was a two part post. Titec scoper I think.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup something like that would do it. Any idea how much it dropped?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

150ish at a guess. was some time ago.

wwaswas

still available;

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/1221/titec-el-norte-scoper-prolite-qr-seatpost-sale?gclid=COOA-ITOkbwCFUETwwodQyAAQA

You get two chances to drop it (normal QR + one on seatpost) so getting 200mm should be ok?

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup I see what you mean. Lower the outer with the QR then drop the rest of the post within itself

Thanks folks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What big-drop non-remote dropper?’ is closed to new replies.