• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by LAT.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What bars for Orange Stage 5? Enduro newbie…
  • ibnchris

So…I’ve always had very XC based bikes and consequently bars. But recently bought a Stage 5 of here and transferred most of the bits but the xc flat bars don’t feel quite right.

I’ve also got spacers under the stem as the steerer was too long.

So 2 questions

1) should I remove spacers and put them on top (until bold enough to cut stem)?

2) what bars should I go for? I really like the sweep of my Jones loop bars on my rigid bike so a bit of back sweep would be good. But what else should I be looking for?

I’m not planning to ride Enduro btw. Just the easiest way of saying not XC…

Saccades
    Free Member

I took the oem raceface 6c flat bars off my segment (the one before the stage4) as I just couldn’t get them comfy and fitted a renthal fatbar riser instead.

Only 20mm narrower and same sweep specifications but loads nicer somehow.

Have you fitted a short stem?

Chop the steerer once you are happy.

Edit to say – similar background to yourself but more endurance style xc stuff.

ibnchris

Yeah, it’s got a short renthal stem. So, you reckon put them down to the headset and riser bar?

Saccades
    Free Member

I don’t think a massive sweep on a stage5 is on trend…

Although knuckleball owners would disagree. Spank vibrocore might also be what your looking for?

I got the sweep right by changing the bars then pottered on the heights – I’ve not chopped the steerer as for 24 hour stuff I but the bars to the top.

ibnchris

What sort of rise do you reckon? I’ve actually got 10mm less on the forks than I should have (130mm instead of 140mm, because that’s what I had).

30mm rise maybe?

Saccades
    Free Member

Mine are 30mm

eddd
    Free Member

It’s completely personal – whatever works for you! I have a long back and short arms, I like higher bars. I’d start off by getting forks with the right travel though

FWIW on my Stage 5 I didn’t like it with a 35mn stem, the steering felt better (to me) with the stock 50mm one

LAT

if you want a larger back sweep, SQ Labs offer 16° in a riser bar.

ergotech (spelling may not be correct) do similar at a lower price.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What bars for Orange Stage 5? Enduro newbie…’ is closed to new replies.