• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by simmy.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What bar light for £150 ? Non Chinese
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi,
    Will £150 ish get me a good enough non Chinese bar light ? Be great to hear some recommendations.

Cheers

cookeaa

Buy a hope, most of the cost is in the machined housings but it will have a union flag on so people will definitely know it’s British!

Or an exposure cos everyone I know who has one, swears by them (even when they break)…

z1ppy

gloworm lights x2 £180 rrp, brilliant little units, just avoid ordering from crgmoto

mboy
    Free Member

Either a 2nd hand Exposure Maxx-D, or the Gloworm X2. The X2 is a fantastic light, it may not win the “claimed lumen war” at “only 1500” lumens, but… It’s quality not quantity here that matters, that and in tests Gloworm have been shown to be accurate on their lumen claims whilst others are wildly out. The only negative I can say is a personal one, and that’s that I prefer “all in one” units like the Exposure myself as they’re easier to swap from bike to bike.

muddyground
    Free Member

Gemini here. Lovely little things.

tomaso
    Free Member

New uprated Hope lights just came out R4+ and new R2 and Winstanleys have them with 20% off

v666ern
    Free Member

Lumenator £105
    http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/sale-items/

must not buy
    must not buy…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have an X2 on my helmet. Good light, well built.

rockhopper70

my mate has just bought the 2200 model from mtbbatteries and is astounded by how bright and how small it is.. £135.
    Very good support from the company too, he’s helped me out with new batteries and stuff.

shaungero
    Free Member

I did wonder them Mtbbatteries lights were. And if they were good / bright enough. The glow worm sounds alright as well. Choices

chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t think you’d ever want for more light (or run time) than the Lumenator offers.

I’d snap one up for £105.

shaungero
    Free Member

That’s good to hear that. Great price as well I must say.

superleggero
    Free Member

I have a Lumenator from MTB batteries and it is a very good unit in terms of power and duration particlulary at £105. You get decent Panasonic battery pack and proper UK charger. Understand Smudge at MTB Batteries (who sometimes posts on here) stands behind his products too.

Light comes with luminous O-rings to fix to bars, but can also be attached to bar with a Hope universal bar mount (£7.99) for a more solid clip on fixing which I prefer: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-universal-handlebar-mount/rp-prod23533 (NB needs an additional M4 x 10mm screw/bolt if you go down this route)

shaungero
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice guys. I’m going to order the lumenator right now.
    Cheers

ironnigel
    Free Member

MTB Batteries. Not got one of his lights but he did fix my Trout Lumenator so can vouch for his service.

shaungero
    Free Member

Before I click buy are they fine in all weather ?
    Cheers

shaungero
    Free Member

Ordered cheers crew.

superleggero
    Free Member

My experience has been that they’re fine in the rain – survived very wet winter days/evenings. Light unit appears to be well sealed and the batteries are in a close fitting rubbery neoprene pouch with nowhere for the water to get in.

parkesie
    Free Member

Just spied the hope r2i on winstanleys and its got me intrigued. Hope with integrated battery could be just the thing for me.

simmy
    Free Member

Before I click buy are they fine in all weather ?

I’ve used my Luminator in all weather from – 4 night rides and I’ve had it on the bars during 20 degree day rides when I’m going to be out till dark.

Even used it when snowing and it’s only let me down once when it was my fault as I hadn’t charged it fully.

Any problems and smudge is only a e mail away.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What bar light for £150 ? Non Chinese’ is closed to new replies.